Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Lift

WhiteLakeLXI

I am going to install a lift for my 2004 Response LXI. Does anyone know whether a RLXI can/should/should not be lifted by the two eyelets on the back of the boat (above the swim platform) and the eyelet in the front of the boat (to which the hook for the trailer attaches)?

Thank you

In an old thread someone mentioned that Malibu lifts & moves boats by the rings, but does not recommend long term storage. CC is the only manufacturer that says that storing boats lifted by the rings is OK.

If you hang the boat by the rings, what keeps it in place? Wind effects.

Thanks for your thoughts. I called Malibu this week and they said for moving the boat ok, long time hanging no. My boat is going to be in a boat house so wind, etc. would not be an issue.

Wouldn't be White Lake, NC would it? Not to many Malibus on that lake. I think its the CC capital of the world.

White Lake - in the Adirondack Park in New York. Ironically, there is only one CC there and many Malibus.

• 1 month later...

I have a RLX in my boat house hanging. We originally built the boat house when we had three 2001's in there back in the day, then i bought the house from my pops when they moved, and built my new house around it. So i couldn't change lifts (or i guess i could but i didn't know it wasn't recommended since our 2001's were). But its been hanging in there every year since 03 and there isn't 1 gelcoat crack around there or anything. Since its in the boat house there is no wind either. REALLY easy to clean the hull really good too when you lift it all the way up!

It's not an RLX but I've had a 88 skier hanging by the rings since 89 and no problems. Hangs there all winter too. THe only time it's not on the wrings is when it's in use!

I'm having a hard time envisioning this......is the boat hanging vertically by the rings?

Anyone got a pic?

Vertically??

Envision three cables. One hooked to the bow ring, one on each stern D-ring. Hanging horizontally, like it sits on the water, but a foot or two above.

MalibuNation

As a side note ... back in 2003 when I ordered my boat ... as an option there was a "Bow Lifting Eye" which I think was right behind the "bow light". I did not get this option.

Interesting, I never thought of storing a boat this way. I'd be worried about what would happen if one of the ropes did manage to break! Cry.gif I guess it would just fall in the water, so maybe it's no big deal.

These are two very old pictures that i just found on my computer, but it still hooks up the same way. It looks like its hanging crooked, but don't worry, that's just my super intellegent brother who took the photo crooked. By the way, see how effing dirty that boat is! Note to self: Don't go out of town and let your little brother take out your boat when the lift is broken, he won't put it on the trailer, he just lets it sit in the water....thanks bro!

post-3869-1207842644_thumb.jpg

post-3869-1207842656_thumb.jpg

MalibuNation

Yeap, right behind the bow light ... was just getting ready to post a pic. Thanks Sippi.

I would use heavy duty cable ... not rope.

Edited by jchooper