Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'07 vs '08

RedOwl

Does anyone know/have information on what changes were made to the '08 247 Sunscape?

I know the 23 LSV is completely different from the prior year, but I haven't been saavy enough to dig up information on the 247.

I figure I might as well do my research now. Looks like we've got about 10 more inches of snow headed our way...

~Brian

To start you off, the Hammerhead now comes with catalytic converter. Also, in addition to throttle by wire, 08 brings shift by wire. Switches on the dash in 08 are LCD, electronic-controlled, different than the older toggle switches, and offer dimming capabilities on interior/dash lights. Also controls basic stereo functions if you go with the stock system.

does the '07 have the rider presets for speed, ballast and wedge position?

edit: a small thing but the '08 does not have the flip down drink holder in the middle of the back seat it has a spot for speakers and a remote (personally i would have preferred the drink holder)

you must have an '08 brochure, I can email you an '07 brochure if you like.

Edited by Cervelo
would the catalytic converter, shift by wire, stereo controls and other modifications be enough to make anyone hold out for an '08 instead of picking up an '07 somewhere?

boats are similar to a car in that every year they will have something new and must have. I just bought an '08 but am pretty sure the '09 will have some great new must have features (not for me though :) ).

Like the car analogy, if you don't need the latest and greatest get the '07, they are beauty boats especially if you can find one and get a discounted price. It will look the same as the '08's on the water.

would the catalytic converter, shift by wire, stereo controls and other modifications be enough to make anyone hold out for an '08 instead of picking up an '07 somewhere?

Let me give my opinion...

1. who wants expensive CAT's on their boats? And don't anyone dare say fuel efficency with a 25' boat and a 400 hp engine.

2. Shift by wire...well the throttle by wire was ok, but when the last time anyone replaced a shift cable? If it ain't broke...

3. Stereo in the 08 just makes adding your own system more of a hassle (no stock HU location)

4. LCD switches...look under the dash and see everything wired to one big computer that must be expensive to replace.

The rider presets are cool, I have to admit.

Also it seems that there are alot of leftover 247's laying around that dealers are waiting to make deals on.

-Chris

Well if anyone knows of a few 07's laying around and a seller that's willing to make a deal - send 'em my way!

I understand that there will always be something newer/better. I just want to make sure I don't pull off the lot with something extremely outdated in tow.

Thanks for all of the input!

All that big black box under the dash is is a fuse compartment, not a computer

That's good, I haven't worked on any but when I looked I thought I saw a PCB up there (in the black box), and didn't notice the MMDC, thought they may have integrated the whole thing.

I have an 07 247 Wakesetter for sale. It is black and white. It has every option you can get, including the 8.1 L. I trade up boats every year and just put this one on the market. Let me know if your interested and I can get some pics for you to see.