Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

JD Power Awards

macca

Hi,

I see that Nautique picked up their 6th sixth consecutive J.D. Power and Associates® award for best

ski/wakeboard boat.

Do these awards mean much over in the US ?

Thanks

jason

While there has to be some political aspect to the ratings, you have to make an outstanding product to keep yourself at the top of the list for 6 yrs. I've been in more than a few CC's and they make a great boat. My dad has a Cobalt which as won it's class with JD Powers for 7 yrs...that boat, without question, has the nicest fit and finish of any boat I've ever seen. His service experiences with the selling and non-selling dealers is unlike anything I've ever seen. Truly a first rate boat with the dealer support to back it up.

CC makes a great boat. I even have friends who still have them, they like my boat as well. Malibu makes a great boat and has lots of choices. CC just doesn't make a boat that fits my family. So it was and is easy for me to say that Malibu makes the best boat, for me...... Clap.gifClap.gifClap.gif

You might be getting JD power confused with Consumer Reports. C.R. is on retainer from the Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Assn. As well as being heavily financed by pacific rim governments. C.R is by far the most blatantly biased report there is, USA.gifUSA.gif the pic goes to the highest bider.

Edited by footnlongline
You might be getting JD power confused with Consumer Reports. C.R. is on retainer from the Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Assn. As well as being heavily financed by pacific rim governments. C.R is by far the most blatantly biased report there is, USA.gifUSA.gif the pic goes to the highest bider.

No, he's talking about JD Power ad Associates. You do have to pay to participate in the JD Power awards, also you have to pay a hefty sum to use your "award title."

Congrats to CC, they make a really good product. It'll be interesting to see how the numbers end up. Last year CC barely beat Malibu out in the ratings.

Press Release:

http://planetnautique.com/index.php?name=N...cle&sid=226

Edited by DRAGON88

No, he's talking about JD Power ad Associates. You do have to pay to participate in the JD Power awards, also you have to pay a hefty sum to use your "award title."

Congrats to CC, they make a really good product. It'll be interesting to see how the numbers end up. Last year CC barely beat Malibu out in the ratings.

Press Release:

<a href="http://planetnautique.com/index.php?name=N...cle&sid=226" target="_blank">http://planetnautique.com/index.php?name=N...cle&sid=226</a>

That is correct.

When I was with Sea Ray, they said it was a scam (Cobalt had won it). The very next year Sea Ray won it...and told us how great it was. They even handed out little lapel pins for the Boat Shows. Go figure.

.... Consumer Reports. C.R. is on retainer from the Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Assn. As well as being heavily financed by pacific rim governments. C.R is by far the most blatantly biased report there is, USA.gifUSA.gif the pic goes to the highest bider.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but could you state where you are getting this information? So claims by Consumer Reports to be totally independent from external funding (other than subscriptions) is false?

Edited by rts

The last time I looked, they included the number of responses per brand. That was very telling as it did not represent other brands well. Just looked, they did not included that info this year.