Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody using the Pro X "integrated bow sac"

vette-ski

I may jump in on the group buy. I already have the Pro X v-drive set. I need to add some front weighting without losing bow seating and walk-way. My options are a sac in the ski locker or the integrated bow sac. I'm wondering how well this fits under the front seats. The picture looks like it's way to big in the front nose part. Anybody use this? How well does it fit and how full can you get it? How easy is it to access the ports to fill/drain, or do you have it hard plumbed in? I have a sunsetter, but I don't think there is much difference in bow size with the 21' wakesetters.

I may jump in on the group buy. I already have the Pro X v-drive set. I need to add some front weighting without losing bow seating and walk-way. My options are a sac in the ski locker or the integrated bow sac. I'm wondering how well this fits under the front seats. The picture looks like it's way to big in the front nose part. Anybody use this? How well does it fit and how full can you get it? How easy is it to access the ports to fill/drain, or do you have it hard plumbed in? I have a sunsetter, but I don't think there is much difference in bow size with the 21' wakesetters.

I had the integrated bow sac in my 01 ssvlx and it fit just fine. if it was filled too much it would lift the cushions a little.

Hard plumbed in is the only way, the fiberglass that supports the cushions prevents access to the plugs when the bag is full.

Mine is yellow, I might consider selling it...

edit: new boat has built in bow ballast.

Edited by Cervelo

I don't have one in the bow and for me I wouldn't like one because I like using the room for storeing stuff under the seats. What about pluming one of the tube sacs 370lbs in the ski locker?

That was my original plan....the tube sac in the ski locker. Just wasn't sure it would be enough weight and not far enough forward. I keep a few things under the seats but nothing that can't be moved. I usually keep skis in the locker too. Trying to decide which space I need the least and which would be the cleanest install.

Cervelo....pm me what you would be looking to get for it. Yellow wouldn't be my first choice but I guess you'd never see it. I pretty much see the fill and vent plumbing, but how do you hard plumb the drain? Is the drain pump attached to the sac?

My Vride has the mid-ship ballast tank already. With the the rear tanks full the boat tends to ride a bit bow high & bounce over opposing wakes a bit too much.

I have a 250 lb locker sack I'm tempted to sit in the bow somehow. If it was plumbed in, and would make the bow sit a little lower & settle down quicker going over other boat wakes....... I'd be sold.

I haven't decided if it will need to go under the playpen cushion or under the bow seats. But I would be willing to give up one of those storage places to make the boat handle better.

If you measure underneath your seats you should be able to get the dimensions of the bow sac from fly high. If after getting the measurements it seems way too big, fly high will make custom sacs or you can just buy the standard one and then just don't fill it all the way. Even in the fly high system on the Xstars, the bags will push up the front seats if they're filled completely. I was considering plumbing in a bow sac instead of the factory hard tank on my new boat b/c then I'd have the ability to squeeze some lead up front too, but I came to the conclusion there are other ways for me to get the lead up front even with the hard tank in there and price wise I wasn't saving much if anything. I'm not sure about running the lines and pumps on an 01, I know on the newer boats it was pretty tight for the hoses if the mid ship was in there.

I've got a bow sack, the v-shaped one from Pro X. IT works great, as mentioned earlier, when it is completely full it will make the cushions pop out a little bit. I just don't fill it all the way. If I had to guess I'd say I get ~500lbs of water in it vice the 750lbs it says it can hold.

As for loss of storage, consider this; When it is empty, I don't lose any storage space. So if the boat is loaded up with people I don't fill it (and don't need to) and I can store their stuff under the bow cushions. When I am out with just a few people, and I need the weight, then I don't need the storage space.

The problem I have with measuring is I wasn't exactly planning for this when I hauled my boat off to storage and now I don't have access to it. But it sounds like it will fit no problems. And I didn't figure I really needed the full 750 it claims so I just won't fill it all the way. So it sounds like this is the way to go vs a locker sack. Now I just need to figure out how to plumb it. Won't have my boat back until April. :(

That was my original plan....the tube sac in the ski locker. Just wasn't sure it would be enough weight and not far enough forward. I keep a few things under the seats but nothing that can't be moved. I usually keep skis in the locker too. Trying to decide which space I need the least and which would be the cleanest install.

Cervelo....pm me what you would be looking to get for it. Yellow wouldn't be my first choice but I guess you'd never see it. I pretty much see the fill and vent plumbing, but how do you hard plumb the drain? Is the drain pump attached to the sac?

pm sent.

• 2 weeks later...

in our 05 vlx, we brought another bow tank just like the 1 from factory turned it upside down and sat it on top of the factory bow tank. this meant that the 'v' that normally sits into the hull faced upwards so we made a frame that sits ova the top of it that the cushions sit on it so they all sit flat. they do sit a little higher than normal...although it was better than havin to have a sac sit up there all the time.