Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New guy question

RedOwl

..............don't base your entire life on it or you'll be disapointed!

Man, the last 10 yrs of my life would be a waste if that was true for us. Almost every vacation we've taken the last few years revolved around riding, getting together with friends & enjoying life. Wives, girl friends, & kids young & old come along with us all the time.

I wouldn't want to do it any other way.

You misunderstood me.

My entire life also revolves around spending as much time on the water as possible BUT when I can't be on water, I don't torment myself anymore...

I'm obviously disapointed, but it's not the end of the world anymore.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• auto

• RedOwl

• BlastRlxi

• Longjohn

I have a question for you:

Why do you and your wife want to get a boat?

Your response to that single question will determine whether or not you will have buyers remorse. If you want the boat because you and your wife enjoy being around water, enjoy swimming, want it to be family activity, enjoy the sun, enjoy water sports, enjoy boat sex (that alone will remove any buyers remorse), and just chillin at that lake, then regardless of the price you WILL NOT have buyers remorse.

Now, if you want a $55k boat just to show off to your friends, the remorse will probably kick in real quick.

For most boat owners, there no place they would rather be then at the lake. Remorse will sink in if you have to force yourself to use the boat.

Good luck and be sure to keep us informed on your purchase.

Adding on to the above question, I have this to offer...

Family time on the boat is the best. Having the kids look forward to being out on the boat and all of the memories from summer vacations at the lake are worth the investment. If you know what you want to do with the boat, your decision will be much easier (ski, surf, wakeboard). I bought my first Malibu that was a dealer demo boat with about 95 hours on it... owned it for 16 years with minimal issues. Now I have my second Malibu ('06 RLXi) that I bought used (promo boat) saved a bunch of money over new and as someone else mentioned it was pretty much diald in. All I had to do was add my personal touches for the stereo and I'm good to go.

Malibu makes a great product and if you take care of it, you won't have a lot to worry about. Again, I can't stress enough the quality time we get on the lake and the great family memories... stuff that lasts a lifetime.

Good luck!!

If you like being on the water with friends, family and the likes, just do it. My wife and i have owned 4 MB Sports and have just ordered our new LSV all in the last 18 years. I will tell you that these boats are for people that use them, they cost way to much to leave in the garage on the weekends. The rule that we have is if we don't use our boat at least 100hrs. a year then the next year we should think hard about keeping it. so far we have done that and more.

The reason we keep up grading is my best freind owns a boat shop, and we that care of it like it was our first child.

So if you have read all the post and still want to get in then as we say getter done, and see you on the water.