Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dimensions of S-Lxi rear trunk

Brodie

My boat is in storage, so I can't measure it, but I need to get an estimate of height and depth of the rear trunk so I can order a sac for it(group Buy). Any guess's would be appreciated. The rear seat sac from Fly High appears to be the best fit (12x26x62) and 580lb. I would like something bigger, but don't know that I have the height. I plan on reinforcing the floor FYI. thanks

Trunk on the SLXi at the opening :21 1/2" deep on the sides, 23" deep in the middle, 70 3/8" wide along the back seat, 69" wide along the transom.

Overall depth inside the trunk is12 1/2 -13" deep (lid to floor).

Floor width is apprx 79 1/2" along back seat, floor is 21" deep (front to back) along the sides, 25" (front to back) in the middle of the boat.

Edited by edwin
Trunk on the SLXi at the opening :21 1/2" deep on the sides, 23" deep in the middle, 70 3/8" wide along the back seat, 69" wide along the transom.

Overall depth inside the trunk is12 1/2 -13" deep (lid to floor).

Floor width is apprx 79 1/2" along back seat, floor is 21" deep (front to back) along the sides, 25" (front to back) in the middle of the boat.

Wow!!, Now that's service. Thank you!

While youre at it, better do something to protect the fuel tank from the weight of the sack. IIRC the fuel sender is on top and the fuel lines connect on top too....

Hate to see a Blowup.gif

Patrick

Edited by Faceplant409
While youre at it, better do something to protect the fuel tank from the weight of the sack. IIRC the fuel sender is on top and the fuel lines connect on top too....

Hate to see a Blowup.gif

Patrick

As I stated in my original post, I plan on reinforcing the floor.

That ought to do it. What are you going to do giving up the storage in the back?

I will still have storage under the bow seats and under the observer seat, so I don't think that I will miss it that much. Plus, I only lose the storage when the sac is filled. Having the wakeboard racks will really help. When we go on the water, it's either 2 or 3 of us going out to ski, or 4-9 of us going out to board/surf, never both.

For my ski locker ballast, I was planning on buying a locker sac, but I have some extra Launch Pad Twins that are 15x15x50(440lbs) and am wondering if that would work instead, or if they are too wide/tall for the ski locker. If they are even close, then it would be worth it. It would save me $100+.

• 15 years later...

Anyone have the dimensions of the trunk lid?  Having to replace the vinyl but I'm not at my boat at the moment.  Also, might be replacing the foam too.  It's a 99 so she,s got some hours in the sun but low hours on the engine.