Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PersonalProSkier.com

Addictedto6

it's great to see all of the slalom discussion on TMC. I'm planning on getting some pro instruction later this summer (or maybe mexico this winter!), and I came across this site during research.

http://www.personalproskier.com/

it offers video analysis by marcus brown/terry winter for $100 a crack. Seems like you could put together a tape of the passes you want them to analyze and don't have to worry about off day/etc with onsite instruction

has anyone given it a shot?

Haven't done that but a couple of years ago six of us got together and had Bob LaPointe come out to our lake for a private all-day lesson. That was awesome.

Been thinking about doing it again. It was only $100 a head for all day and by the end of the day no one could hold a handle any more. My first time in, I ran the course 18 times. Shocking.gif But with breaks. First pull (in and then out) drop, remove the ski, he adjusted my bindings. In & out again, and he started working on my fin adjustment. Each time it was through the course going into the cove, teardrop turn then back through the course and drop. 9X's. Each time he'd give you something else to work on. I remember being sore for a full week. It was great. :)

it's great to see all of the slalom discussion on TMC.  I'm planning on getting some pro instruction later this summer (or maybe mexico this winter!), and I came across this site during research. 

http://www.personalproskier.com/

it offers video analysis by marcus brown/terry winter for $100 a crack.  Seems like you could put together a tape of the passes you want them to analyze and don't have to worry about off day/etc with onsite instruction

has anyone given it a shot?

It sounds like something that might be worth a try. I have heard of this before I think through WSM. Like you said, you are the one who gets to decide on which passes they get to view. If you know you are doing something wrong, make sure to include passes where these problems are prevelant.

Is there a satisfaction gurantee?

Also, like NorCaliBu said, personal instruction is probably going to be the most helpful. For the past 3 years, I have spent a week down at Bennett's water ski school. It has really helped my skiing progress. Many pro's are now willing to come to your home site for a couple days.