Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu and Wood

aneal000

Anyone know what year/models malibu last used wood stringers? I'm looking for older bu's for a buddy and couldn't remember.

Thanks

Echelon IIRC was the first all-composite boat ('93 was the first year, right?), but wasn't the Skier continued for a year or 2 after that?

EDIT: Doesn't look like it. The Euro F3 came along in the early 90's & was sometimes called a Euro F3 Skier, but I couldn't find anything after '93. That should be your answer Tony.

Edited by WakeGirl

I think the last year for the Skier was '94. It was all fiberglass and had been for a year or 2.

The Euro F3 Skier was a Skier hull with a different deck, windshield and interior.

Edited by 88Skier

Fiberglass was replaced in the following models and years.

1993 Echelon, Echelon LX

1995 Sunsetter, and the rest of the Malibu lineup.

(The 95 Lineup - Response, Echelon, Echelon LX, Sunsetter, Flightcraft Sportster, Flightcraft Barefooter)

Per WSMBBG, Euro series came out in '89 using the Skier and Sunsetter hulls. Composite floor system was introduced in '92. The '93 issue features a Skier as their entry level boat and is reported to have the composite floor system same as all their other boats.