Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion Tower Lights

Clubby

So a question to everyone running these LPA HID's.....are you guy's running spots facing forward and floods facing backward? D-goose i see your attached pic on page one are those a spot or flood, i'm all confused Dontknow.gif How do they attach to the tower?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D-GOOSE

• showtime

• MalibuTime

• woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So a question to everyone running these LPA HID's.....are you guy's running spots facing forward and floods facing backward? D-goose i see your attached pic on page one are those a spot or flood, i'm all confused Dontknow.gif How do they attach to the tower?

using the factory mounts

you have to have the mounting tool to flange the insert into the tower but over all pretty easy

The pics on page one is of the small lights. You can't tell if they are spot or flood until you turn them on at night. As mentioned the lights have a special bracket that fits into the tower hole for mounting the light. The instructions that come with the lights are great and easy to follow.

As for using spot of flood it all depends on what you need them for. I would put a set of spots up front, floods in back and if needed for docking or river running I would put a 2nd pair up front of the flood.

• 1 month later...
I have. Total cost for a pair was about $55, lights, shipping, and mounting hardware included (not including switches and wiring). The lights are awesome, bright, and look sweet. They do get very hot very quick.

I took pictures of the install with the intention of posting a DIY, I just never got around to it...

Maybe I'll do it this week. Keep your eyes open.

Could you please share what brand lights you can get for $55 a pair?

The HID light group buy is on for supporting members.

Is the group buy still available?

Negative. Even with the group buy the little buggers were expensive, but relative to what Metcraft lights were they were quite a bit less. They are trick little units, just need to get them installed now...

The HID light group buy is on for supporting members.

Is the group buy still available?

Negative. Even with the group buy the little buggers were expensive, but relative to what Metcraft lights were they were quite a bit less. They are trick little units, just need to get them installed now...

Wait till you get them on the water... They are awesome!

BP They came in. I heard about the back order from the factory Cry.gif what bad timing that was. When you get them up send me a few pics.

DG - Thanks, got here Wed, just need a few extra hours to get them installed.

08 VLX and I have these lights just in. Anybody installed them on an 08 boat yet? With the new LCD control panel, where do these lights wire into? Would anyobdy be willing to post install pics? Much Appreciated!

>To clarify I have two of the LostPro HID spot lights to mount on the illusion x tower.

Edited by 0jt7
08 VLX and I have these lights just in. Anybody installed them on an 08 boat yet? With the new LCD control panel, where do these lights wire into? Would anyobdy be willing to post install pics? Much Appreciated!

>To clarify I have two of the LostPro HID spot lights to mount on the illusion x tower.

This thread has a PDF of how to access the programming for the 08 LCD switches. Use at your own risk. I haven't tried it yet, but my plan is to run the lights throught the LCD panel. I haven't poked around under there either to see where the wires go. Worst case, I 'll have everything installed and hooked up and have the dealer hook the relay and program the LCD switch if I can't figure it out.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....m+switches+2008

I have 2 flood and 2 spot, was thinking of 2 foreward and two rear facing, but now I am thinking maybe pointing all four out front. I may hook up the floods to see how much the light spreads before I fire them frontwards though.

• 1 month later...

This thread has a PDF of how to access the programming for the 08 LCD switches. Use at your own risk. I haven't tried it yet, but my plan is to run the lights throught the LCD panel. I haven't poked around under there either to see where the wires go. Worst case, I 'll have everything installed and hooked up and have the dealer hook the relay and program the LCD switch if I can't figure it out.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....m+switches+2008

I have 2 flood and 2 spot, was thinking of 2 foreward and two rear facing, but now I am thinking maybe pointing all four out front. I may hook up the floods to see how much the light spreads before I fire them frontwards though.

I installed these with some help from my dealer at Wizard Lake. The problem was that the LPA wiring and switch that LPA provided does not go with the 2008 control unit. LPA is aware of this and I guess that are going to fix this for any new orders. these things are bright!! Great lights!

<a href="http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....m+switches+2008" target="_blank">http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index....m+switches+2008</a>

I installed these with some help from my dealer at Wizard Lake. The problem was that the LPA wiring and switch that LPA provided does not go with the 2008 control unit. LPA is aware of this and I guess that are going to fix this for any new orders. these things are bright!! Great lights!

Everything I got in the group buy worked fine (well, basically it was one relay with the lights and misc wiring stuff) Installed the relay, negative ground switched to the LCD leads, programmed the LCD and all systems go. One call to Bakes to clarify the LCD is a negative ground switch (completes the relay trigger by grounding, instead of a 12v feed) and that is all it took to straighten things out. The relay provided by LPA can be triggered by ground in the feed circuit, or by a 12v feed. The LCDs use the ground trigger.

When you say switch, are you referring to the relay?

Edited by TheBlackPearl