Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion Tower Lights

Clubby

I am trying to get some ideas on what lights to fit at a reasonable price.

If you have fitted some lights yourself, please can I see some pics on how you have done it?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D-GOOSE

• showtime

• MalibuTime

• woody

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have. Total cost for a pair was about $55, lights, shipping, and mounting hardware included (not including switches and wiring). The lights are awesome, bright, and look sweet. They do get very hot very quick.

I took pictures of the install with the intention of posting a DIY, I just never got around to it...

Maybe I'll do it this week. Keep your eyes open.

LPA tower Accessories (link). PM Pat McCrotch, he is the owner/operator of company for more info.

Hey I recognize those lights.

I can't say enough about these lights. They were easy to install and are extremely bright. One on the great features is that you can reposition them to shine down on the water or out in front of the boat.

LPA tower Accessories (link). PM Pat McCrotch, he is the owner/operator of company for more info.

I saw these up close & personal on woody's boat, & that was what I needed. They'll be the ones that I go with.

I personally haven't seen these up close but have been in contact with Pat McCrotch and i agree from what i hear this is what i will be installing.

Pat if your reading this post i haven't forgot about you, some things came up like a new Tahoe so i'll be talking with you a little bit closer to spring!! Thanks Dude!!

Don't those blind you being under the Bimini ? I can only use mine when I have the Bimini up since there on top. :unsure:

Who needs the bimini at night anyways.... Whistling.gif

If the bimini is up, it does reflect a little light back, but like 06vlx said, just fold up the top and your good to go.

Don't those blind you being under the Bimini ? I can only use mine when I have the Bimini up since there on top. :unsure:

If the bimini is up, it does reflect a little light back, but like 06vlx said, just fold up the top and your good to go.

I guess my question would be if the lights are projecting light up onto the under side of the Bimini wouldn't they also project light down into the boat if the Bimini is up or not.

I don't have the illusion or that light set up and I'm sure those lights are nicer than mine but my point is I get too much light in the boat if I turn my lights on with out my top up to protect the interior of the boat and my view of the water from the mega bright lights. Just thought that would be an issue on the Illusion with the lights monted like that since you have no protection from the glare like I do when the top is up. Not trying to talk trash about them or anything.

I guess my question would be if the lights are projecting light up onto the under side of the Bimini wouldn't they also project light down into the boat if the Bimini is up or not.

I don't have the illusion or that light set up and I'm sure those lights are nicer than mine but my point is I get too much light in the boat if I turn my lights on with out my top up to protect the interior of the boat and my view of the water from the mega bright lights. Just thought that would be an issue on the Illusion with the lights monted like that since you have no protection from the glare like I do when the top is up. Not trying to talk trash about them or anything.

From what i know there are 2 different types of reflectors you can buy these lights with, either a spot reflector or a flood reflector. A spot would be a narrower beam that would project well past the rider whereas a flood has a really wide beam that is shorter, if light in the boat was a problem i would suspect it would be from a light with a flood reflector.

From what i know there are 2 different types of reflectors you can buy these lights with, either a spot reflector or a flood reflector. A spot would be a narrower beam that would project well past the rider whereas a flood has a really wide beam that is shorter, if light in the boat was a problem i would suspect it would be from a light with a flood reflector.

Yes, the combination of a spot and HID produces very little reflective light off the bow if you have the lights angled correctly. Lost Pro makes great products. I've got a set of his speaker cans. I looked into his lights: They are very nice, but were wayyyy too much money for the small use that I would get out of them.

The LPA HIDs Don't blind the driver at all. The lights really throw the illumination out in front of the boat. The ligthts are so bright and strong that the beams project out 40-45 yards, which works great when driving through a marina full of houseboats and mooring bouys.