Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Slalom Skis

wedge88

Does anyone know where I can search previous years slalom skis? I demoed a KD and HO a few years back and now that we have the boat I want to buy one. I usually run on a Concept that is my dads but I need my own this year. I will probably end up with the Concept again because it is a great ski for the price but if I can search for older years to see what is available. The problem is I know what the ones I used looked like but I cannot remember the model. Thanks

Does anyone know where I can search previous years slalom skis? I demoed a KD and HO a few years back and now that we have the boat I want to buy one. I usually run on a Concept that is my dads but I need my own this year. I will probably end up with the Concept again because it is a great ski for the price but if I can search for older years to see what is available. The problem is I know what the ones I used looked like but I cannot remember the model. Thanks

ballofspray.com has the past two years of ski evals available

What size KD are you looking for? I have a mint condition KD7000 that I'd part with on the cheap. What size binding do you wear?

I am looking for a 67" with Dual boots (M)

I've got a 67" KD7000, Wiley's medium high wrap front, RTP - about as close to new condition as you'll find...$100 and it's yours.

What are the main differences with this ski and the CR7. I found a CR7 67" w/ Double Lace Up bindings for $150 w/ case. I know the CR7 was one that I tried a few years back and really like it on the course but I am not familiar with the KD7000

I've got a 67" KD7000, Wiley's medium high wrap front, RTP - about as close to new condition as you'll find...$100 and it's yours.

What are the main differences with this ski and the CR7. I found a CR7 67" w/ Double Lace Up bindings for $150 w/ case. I know the CR7 was one that I tried a few years back and really like it on the course but I am not familiar with the KD7000

I have a 67" CR7 available, but the binding overlays are pretty much trashed. If the other deal falls through or you're interested, drop me a PM.

Edited by Addictedto6

From what I remember, the KD7000 to CR7 comparison is similar to a System8 to Monza comparison.

Same shape/mold, different core & possibly different layup depending on the year. If there is a difference in the layup, it will be CR7 = carbon, KD7000 = resin/fiberglass.

Edited by weinrdog

Edwin, are you actively looking to unload this ski--or just doing him a favor? I am interested in getting a used, fairly inexpensive "no, get your paws off my new F1, but here's a really good slalom ski with a rear toe plate that you can use" type of ski.

Edwin, are you actively looking to unload this ski--or just doing him a favor? I am interested in getting a used, fairly inexpensive "no, get your paws off my new F1, but here's a really good slalom ski with a rear toe plate that you can use" type of ski.

check your PM...it's all yours if you want. will post pics

KD7000 is sold...heading to TX!

I didn't want to bad mouth the CR7's, but the last one's they made before going away were very prone to breaking...something about the core of the ski. This KD7000 is a carbon / glass ski.

I didn't want to bad mouth the CR7's, but the last one's they made before going away were very prone to breaking...something about the core of the ski. This KD7000 is a carbon / glass ski.

I wish I would have known that before.

Was 2004 the last year of the CR7 ? I'm pretty sure it was the platinum (or was it titaniums...) that were breaking.

Mine is a 2001 (mostly yellow top) and definitely not in the prone to breaking category if anyone wants it.

Was 2004 the last year of the CR7 ? I'm pretty sure it was the platinum (or was it titaniums...) that were breaking.

Mine is a 2001 (mostly yellow top) and definitely not in the prone to breaking category if anyone wants it.

I am bidding on a mostly yellow one on ebay. If it falls through I will contact you because that is the ski that I demoed and love it.

I am bidding on a mostly yellow one on ebay. If it falls through I will contact you because that is the ski that I demoed and love it.

$50 for shipping...ouch!!! The KD I have could have been in your hands tonight for nothing....

$50 for shipping...ouch!!! The KD I have could have been in your hands tonight for nothing....

I know the shipping is not cheap but right now my bid is at $25. I know it will go up but unfortunately I placed the bid before you offered the 7000. I was hoping someone would outbid me just to get yours locally. I do appreciate the offer and am glad you sold it.

What bindings and size do you have on the ski? What do you want for it?

The CFO just called and confirmed that one, very slightly used, fairly inexpensive "no, get your paws off my new F1, but here's a really good slalom ski with a rear toe plate that you can use" type of ski now officially resides in Texas!

Thanks, Edwin. Cheers.gif

The CFO just called and confirmed that one, very slightly used, fairly inexpensive "no, get your paws off my new F1, but here's a really good slalom ski with a rear toe plate that you can use" type of ski now officially resides in Texas!

Thanks, Edwin. Cheers.gif

Hope it arrived in good shape...tnx Jack!