Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

perfect pass? used how to tell if it will fit and work?

greenworks

I have found a perfect pass used with no paddle wheel, how do you make sure it will fit your boat or do they fit many different malibus?

It looks like it has a needle type speedo with a digital screen underneath and four grey buttons all on the same gauge.

It says wakeboard cruise master module on it with green lettering if that helps, it also has a metal silver box that a turn switch sits in or that is what the picture looks like anyway.

I wasn't planning on buying one fo this year but if the right price is then why not I guess, they can't be hard to put in thats for sure.Thats if it will work on my boat.

Jason

Edited by greenworks
I have found a perfect pass used with no paddle wheel, how do you make sure it will fit your boat or do they fit many different malibus?

It looks like it has a needle type speedo with a digital screen underneath and four grey buttons all on the same gauge.

It says wakeboard cruise master module on it with green lettering if that helps, it also has a metal silver box that a turn switch sits in or that is what the picture looks like anyway.

I wasn't planning on buying one fo this year but if the right price is then why not I guess, they can't be hard to put in thats for sure.Thats if it will work on my boat.

Jason

No reason why it would not work on your boat. the pp people are great. give them a call to order the paddle wheel and ask them about installing it. they are out of dartmouth ns.

pp

If it is the combo display (tach on top with PP on bottom) it won't work for your boat I'm afraid. That's a 5" gauge, and your 98 VLX has 3.5" gauges. I suppose the dash could be modified, but that's something that would look out of place...opinion only of course.

There are many people that will be selling a 3.5" PP display, master module, and chip in the near future as they upgrade to the Stargazer system. With around $350-$400 in parts added to the cost of what you can pick the other items up for, you will have a fully functional PP system...technically wakeboard pro as that includes only the cost of the paddlewheel and not the smart timer.

Do not buy a Wakeboard cruise, they no longer make it. I have two wakeboard cruise master modules in my toolbox....and they may as well be in the trash

-Chris

Do not buy a Wakeboard cruise, they no longer make it. I have two wakeboard cruise master modules in my toolbox....and they may as well be in the trash

-Chris

ya that is what I got from aaraon at perfect pass, thanks fellas

Jason

I'm in the process of upgrading to stargazer and will have a new (only 50 hours on boat) perfect pass digital pro 6.5ng master module for sale soon, not sure what to ask, offers? I'm in Canada so it would save some importing fees for fellow Canadians. thanks and let me know.

I'm in the process of upgrading to stargazer and will have a new (only 50 hours on boat) perfect pass digital pro 6.5ng master module for sale soon, not sure what to ask, offers? I'm in Canada so it would save some importing fees for fellow Canadians. thanks and let me know.

when you change to stargazer you don't switch the whole sysem right just one part? If you where taking the whole system out which I think you are not I would be interested

I need the whole package thing as I have no system right now

when you change to stargazer you don't switch the whole sysem right just one part? If you where taking the whole system out which I think you are not I would be interested

I need the whole package thing as I have no system right now

You are correct, but the other parts are available from perfect pass and the part I'm swaping out is the most expensive part. Perfect pass customer service is great, they would tell you the other parts required and a price. they are also in Canada so shipping is simple. Just an option... let me know if you're interested.