Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bunk spacing on boat lift

aitkel

I am building a hydraulic lift for my little boat but want it to fit a ski boat when I get one. Could someone tell me what the bunk spacing should be to fit a VLT or VLX ? I have looked at a few hyd lifts and at least two of them have the bunks welded together therefore not adjustable. My boat would work best with the bunks 42 inches apart but this looks narrow sitting on a 110 inch frame

Thanks for input

I mesured the distance on my trailer bunks (the center one).

what was the measurement on your boat? Would like to know if most Malibu's would fit on the same lift.

Doubt it. Too broad a goup of boats. Some trailers have 2 bunks for smaller lighter boats. Others have 4 bunks for bigger, heavier boats.

Unfortunately it'll be a few more weeks before mine gets off the trailer.

IIRC I had the bunks set at 44"

that would work even for my baby boat. was looking at some pics of lifts and even a 20000 lb lift had the bunks close together, couldnt tell if they were that close but looked narrow considering the huge boat that was on it.

I mesured the distance on my trailer bunks (the center one).

what was the measurement on your boat? Would like to know if most Malibu's would fit on the same lift.

I think I have a picture on my other PC. I will try to post it if you want to scale it out. I don't remember and I will only have access to my lift next may.

altkel, the bunks on my lift were set at 48" on center for my RLX. This was based on info from another MBO who asked and learned that the stringers on the boat were at that width. My current trailer for new RLXi has the rear-most bunks set up at 43", inside edge to inside edge. I measured the new ones that way because of the aggressive lifting strakes that are just inside that. I will position my lift bunks at around 45" so they help center the boat and provide as much support as possible.

You may want to go by Fly's measurement, unless someone chimes in with something different. Depending on the boat you end up with in the future, you may get lucky or you may have to modify. Good luck with it!