Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Replace stock mirror on Response

awilco

Why do you want to replace?

I loose sight of the skier at 15off one side or the other.

I know it's nice to be able to see the skier at all times but ideally the driver should be looking forward at the course and only occassionally checking the mirror to confirm tracking through the boat bouys. It's the observer / coaches job to keep watching the skier at all times.

I like the Cipa Extreme mirror, it took a few times to get it adjusted correctly, but after that I was hooked. It will also work with most tower mounts if you have a tower.

Our state does not require an observer with the proper mirror, I think you would be surprised at how few do require observers.

Edited by NCH2oSki

I know it's nice to be able to see the skier at all times but ideally the driver should be looking forward at the course and only occassionally checking the mirror to confirm tracking through the boat bouys. It's the observer / coaches job to keep watching the skier at all times.

I hear you and appreciate your reply. Our state does not require an observer.

The driver has ultimate responsibility. We free ski often and often my observer/s are my boys and my lake can get busy. FYI, there are some that coach great from the mirror.

I will take a look at the Cipa Extreme mirror.

Thanks

Edited by awilco

CIPA makes another mirror similar to the extreme. Do not confuse the two--I doubt you'd be happy with the smaller one.

The CIPA mirror that came with my '08 *looks* different than previous stock mirrors. I have not yet measured it or compared directly to a previous mirror. However, it looks slightly larger and more convex.

CIPA makes another mirror similar to the extreme. Do not confuse the two--I doubt you'd be happy with the smaller one.

The CIPA mirror that came with my '08 *looks* different than previous stock mirrors. I have not yet measured it or compared directly to a previous mirror. However, it looks slightly larger and more convex.

Thanks Jack!