Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thanks to The Malibu Crew

Matt_Alger

All,

I just wanted to extend my gratitude to everyone who took the time to reply to my many posts, PMs, and phone calls about my many questions on my new boat. I am very appreciative of everyone who gave me their honest opinions on hull choice, engines, towers, etc... After my demo this past summer, I was certain that I wanted the Cut Diamond Hull but after researching more this fall, I started to question that decision. Many people spoke very highly of the Wake Hull, even for slalom skiing. I hope that no one who recommended the Wake Hull feels slighted by my selection. In the end I feel it is the right hull for me and my family. It was amazing to get all the feedback and the time that people took to help me through a tough deicsion. Not to mention, helping me spend an enormous amount of money on a new boat. One person sent pictures and even a video of his friend slaloming behind the Cut Diamond Hull!

Thanks again to all! This forum is great! Clap.gif

The Spray date was Yesterday (1/21/08) so I am getting more and more excited each day...

My options are listed below.

2008 Malibu VTX

Cut Diamond Hull

Hammerhead - 400 hp ( Yahoo.gif "probably" not necessary, but this will hopefully be my boat for a long, long time!)

Stainless steel docking lights

Driver's seat heater

3 outlet heater

Hot water shower

Bow ballast system

Aqua Mat Carpet Insert

2 Batteries w/boxes & switch

Pop up bow light

2 Pair pull up cleats

Power wedge

Billet chrome glove box door

Depth finder module

Flush kit transom installed

Water cooled shaft seal

Bimini top & boot for Titan S3 tower

Sunbrella cover for Titan S3 tower w/swim platform (trailerable)

Sound pack 1 - stereo w/1 gb memory, usb port, ipod plug in, 1 gb custom malibu usb pocket drive, stereo remote control, 4 Rockford fosgate speakers

Fiberglass swim platform

Titan III tower

Walk Through Jump Seat (Like Response LXi)

Heritage tandem axle trailer with swing tongue, spare tire & mount.

Sounds great! Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm anxiously awaiting the slalom report...do you have access to a slalom course? I do make it to Peoria every once in a while. Whistling.gif

Nice choice of options, colors ??????????

Small hijack... I do apologize...

Jackdoff,

I for one will always wonder if you are posting to add genuine content to the thread or whether you just want folks to view your crude but screen name. Dontknow.gif

LS-Genuine content. Sorry about the screenname, I didn't think I would actually post on here, but I'm interested in the VTX. Pics, video, I'd demo but it's freezing out. If there is a way to change my screen name let me know.

LS-Genuine content. Sorry about the screenname, I didn't think I would actually post on here, but I'm interested in the VTX. Pics, video, I'd demo but it's freezing out. If there is a way to change my screen name let me know.

Let me know what you'd like to change it to & I'll take care of it for you. Welcome!

Matt,

Congratulations!

Let me know what you'd like to change it to & I'll take care of it for you. Welcome!

Matt,

Congratulations!

You'll find that the Admin's on this site are "Tops" :salute: , and the members are an endless supply of information Thumbup.gif

Mostly good and rest is entertaining Tongue.gif .

Congrat's and welcome also.

All,

A few of you have requested the video that I mentioned of a person slalom skiing behind the 20 LSV. Since it isn't my video, I have asked the person who took the video and the skier for their approval to post or to email. If I get approval then I will post it.

Also, I have requested production pictures. From what I have read here, some are good and some not so good. If they are decent then I will post them as well.

Sethro,

I am planning to join a Ski Club in the area which will give me access to a slalom course.

Congrats on the boat!! How much was the Aqua Mat Carpet Insert option? Seems like it would really make it easy to clean the carpet, pull it out pressure wash and dry.

All,

CTSunsetter is going to post the video of his friend slalom skiing behind the 20 LSV and potentially a few pictures.

2007VTX,

I believe the Aqua Mat Carpet Insert is a $350 - $400 option. I think you could check with your local dealer to see if they can order one for your boat. It will be the first time that I will have one so I don't have experience on ease of cleaning, etc...

VTX WakeSetter wake hull @ 32MPH no ballast:

DSC02360.JPG

VTX WakeSetter wake hull @ 25MPH not sure if this is wedged, pretty sure full ballast:

DSC02362.JPG

Sunscape 20 @ 32MPH:

DSC02383.JPG

Sunscape 20 @ 34MPH:

DSC02366.JPG

Sunscape 20 @ 34MPH, rope length set the same as he skis off his '05 RLXi: Video

3 out of 4 of us who skied the two versions of the hulls agree that we would get the VTX Wakesetter with the Diamond hull for all around capabilities. Most recreational skiers like my wife and I who only free ski occasionaly would probably be happy with the wake hull. I think at resale most folks would be looking for the diamond hull else they would be shopping for a full size wakeboard boat (i.e. the VLX).

Best of luck Matt. I'm very envious! Maybe my time will come this fall.