Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PB Slalom

martho

What is your PB, in practice or tourney  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What is your PB, in practice or tourney

• never run 15 off @ 36mph
    • never run 15 off @ 34mph
    • 6 @ 15 36mph
    • 6 @ 22 36mph
    • 6 @ 28 36mph
    • 6 @ 32 36mph
    • 6 @ 35 36mph
    • 6 @ 38 36mph
    • 6 @ 39.5 36mph
    • 6 @ 41 36mph
    • 6 @ 15 34mph
    • 6 @ 22 34mph
    • 6 @ 28 34mph
    • 6 @ 32 34mph
    • 6 @ 35 34mph
    • 6 @ 38 34mph
    • 6 @ 39.5 34mph
    • 6 @ 41 34mph

Hey, I got a funny PB story for y'all.

I don't know how to post my new PB, because I don't see a place for it.

Hoov and I added another skier to the crew this year. We've been growing him from a seed since middle of last year. This year was his first exposure to the course and Friday was his first day driving the course by himself. Just him and me on the lake before the dawn. He'd seen the demo last month, pulled me under the careful supervision of Hoov in the observation seat, and was now "fully checked out."

Well......sorta.

I always start at -15/34 because it's a great way to warm up. We frequently train at 35mph so that PP34mph at tourney time feels slow, controlled, and easy to make adjustments. So I tell him just pull me at 35mph today and I'll see how far I can go. We take off like a shot and I'm thinkin' this seems pretty fast, but it probably just feels that way because it's still dark and cold. Ran up and back at -15 and -22 feeling behind the whole time, but it took 4 attempts to get -28 with the gates. When I finally got it, feeling like I was behind and scrambling all day, he looks down at me over the windshield very sheepishly and says....."ahhhh.....sorry I kinda screwed ya up there......I've been looking at the wrong guage. That was 3500rpm not 35mph." I repropped my boat to the Acme 13x13 3 months after I bought it. So 3500rpm is a strong 38mph. What a hoot! That poor guy felt so bad.

I want to ammend my PB to a full pass at -28/38mph.

GT- step slowly away from the APU exhaust nozzle, and go breathe some real air.

If what you say is true, I want to fly your driver up to CO so I can run 5@41/38 mph...... and ammend my PB. Clap.gifClap.gifClap.gif

:lol::lol::lol:Biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skisix@38

• Addictedto6

• UWSkier

• reggie

4@32 /36mph Practice only, I do not compete.

Seams to be all I can ever get to, it has been a hurdle of mine I would like to overcome. I sure do have fun trying to get past it.

• 9 months later...

My goal for this summer is a full pass at 32' off @ 34 mph. Tried for the first time today 32' @ 32 mph and got 4 on my second pass through. I should be able to get it by the end of the season! Man, was I psyched. Nothing like a good pass through the course to make you forget the stresses of work.

My goal for this summer is a full pass at 32' off @ 34 mph. Tried for the first time today 32' @ 32 mph and got 4 on my second pass through. I should be able to get it by the end of the season! Man, was I psyched. Nothing like a good pass through the course to make you forget the stresses of work.

awesome! Thumbup.gif

For the last few weeks of my season (april this year) i was skiing at 34 for a bit of fun and to work on some shorter lines. 22, 28 and 32 at 34 are sooo much freakin fun! Only weighing 140 and skiing 36 is reeeal fast sometimes. I couldnt believe how nice it felt. IMO there is no big difference between 28 and 32. Just have to be more conscious of hooking up sweeter and getting off the ball a little quicker. good luck on running it!

I achieved my summer goal a couple weeks ago. I've mainly been working on my consistency at the 28' pass...getting pretty comfortable there. I finally put it all together and ran the 32' pass to back it up. I wrapped the set with 1@35'. Best of all, it was my first set in the course with my new A1 :)

4 at 34mph, 15' off.

Ive been skiing for 4 years and im 16.

You need to pick up a trick ski and a pair of jumpers, learn how to drink beer while standing on you hands, and apply here in two years:

<a href="http://www.csuchico.edu/waterski/links.html" target="_blank">http://www.csuchico.edu/waterski/links.html</a>

Ski hard! Cheers.gif

Well last weekend I accomplished a turnaround on 1 tick ski and I jumped for the first time last month. Although I didnt land.....

...Best of all, it was my first set in the course with my new A1 :)

Ummm, :unsure: We're going to need a review of that A1. Yes.gif

Please. Biggrin.gif

I think we have it already. Nice skiing edwin! Is it true it has the forgiveness of a CDX and the cross-course speed of the Monza?