Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PB Slalom

martho

What is your PB, in practice or tourney  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What is your PB, in practice or tourney

• never run 15 off @ 36mph
    • never run 15 off @ 34mph
    • 6 @ 15 36mph
    • 6 @ 22 36mph
    • 6 @ 28 36mph
    • 6 @ 32 36mph
    • 6 @ 35 36mph
    • 6 @ 38 36mph
    • 6 @ 39.5 36mph
    • 6 @ 41 36mph
    • 6 @ 15 34mph
    • 6 @ 22 34mph
    • 6 @ 28 34mph
    • 6 @ 32 34mph
    • 6 @ 35 34mph
    • 6 @ 38 34mph
    • 6 @ 39.5 34mph
    • 6 @ 41 34mph

Biggrin.gif I am a happy guy today...My best in tourney was 2.25 @28: this weekend in a two round event, I got a half ball at 32 off first round and second round got 2@32 off. first time this season to run 28 in a tourney!! Clap.gif

Cheers

Reggie

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skisix@38

• Addictedto6

• UWSkier

• reggie

Biggrin.gif I am a happy guy today...My best in tourney was 2.25 @28: this weekend in a two round event, I got a half ball at 32 off first round and second round got 2@32 off.  first time this season to run 28 in a tourney!! Clap.gif

Cheers

Reggie

That's great!! It feels so good to do it in a tournament.

Last few rounds of tournament for me have been a little like taking the cheerleading captain to prom but not even getting a kiss. 5@38, just inside the 6.

Last round, I was trying to save some energy so I started at 32', well they pulled me at 36mph and I still ran it.

• 1 year later...

When I got my Obrien Mach 1, was finally able to get to 22. Could never get to the 5 or 6 ball at 28 though. But that was 35 years ago. Haven't seen a course in about 25 years, being all the regulations they put on the lakes and rivers I ski.

ok, who voted for 41off @34mph and 41off @36 mph? I don't believe you....so fess up, or I'll contact the mod to remove your votes :)

Edited by Addictedto6
  • 1 month later...

Well, I skied my first course ever today. I was surprised how quickly the buoys came but thought they would be farther from the boat. The best I could manage was 5 at 33mph at 22off. As other have mentioned on this thread, I am hooked. I can't wait to get back to do more cuz I have such a long ways to go.

• 2 months later...

I want to change my vote, it should now be 6 @ 28 off 34 mph, up from 22 off. Actual best is 2 @ 32' off 34 mph. 32' off seems like it is going to be quite a challenge!

Actual best is 2 @ 32' off 34 mph. 32' off seems like it is going to be quite a challenge!

I agree, I'm at 5 1/2 at 32 off 34 mph, and can't seem to get around all six, but almost every time i'm out I get at least 3. Frustrating!

Cheers.gif

I want to change my vote, it should now be 6 @ 28 off 34 mph, up from 22 off. Actual best is 2 @ 32' off 34 mph. 32' off seems like it is going to be quite a challenge!

Well done Frog...was this behind your RLXi? Anything different that helped you get the extra bouys? ;)

Well done Frog...was this behind your RLXi? Anything different that helped you get the extra bouys? ;)

Thanks for the kudos. The course is addictive, I can almost understand what it is to be a crack addict!! Yes, behind the RLXi. Shiney brass thing? Nah! Did have to up the PP rpm adjustment quite a bit from the normal prop. Did not want to go through the hassle of recalibrating. Still have not had the chance to foot behind the boat with the demo prop, quite curious as to how the speed will hold footing. On another note, did quite a bit of tricking today. Finally getting my front to back toe turn solidly. Did about 15 in a row today, now if I could only get the back to front toe turn nailed down. Almost there! One more day to practice heavily, then we move back to the normal homestead from the camp. Summer is officially over for this year, back to reality. Cry.gif

Me too.... Biggrin.gif PB is now 2@35off, 34mph. I can sniff 3 ball, just can't quite seem to get all the way around it yet!

Well, got around 3 & 4 at 35off today. I was early at 4ball, waiting, and then blew it by getting on my tail and lost my chance to run it. But, I think I have a shot of nailing it this year (kudos to skisix@38 for all the help!!!!).

Edited by Addictedto6
Me too.... Biggrin.gif PB is now 2@35off, 34mph. I can sniff 3 ball, just can't quite seem to get all the way around it yet!

Well, got around 3 & 4 at 35off today. I was early at 4ball, waiting, and then blew it by getting on my tail and lost my chance to run it. But, I think I have a shot of nailing it this year (kudos to skisix@38 for all the help!!!!).

Way to go Kevin!!!! If you can turn around two and head toward three you can run the pass! It's easy for me to spout all the stuff from WSM, it's up to you to find a way to incorporporate into your style and get results..... Good job and way to stick with it.

I free ski 15 off at 36 and love it. Never had the chance to try a course but some folks on our lake went to the Liquid Edge recently so I am headed down there next spring. Something tells be I'll be slowing waaaay down for the course... Biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kudos. The course is addictive, I can almost understand what it is to be a crack addict!! Yes, behind the RLXi. Shiney brass thing? Nah! Did have to up the PP rpm adjustment quite a bit from the normal prop. Did not want to go through the hassle of recalibrating. Still have not had the chance to foot behind the boat with the demo prop, quite curious as to how the speed will hold footing. On another note, did quite a bit of tricking today. Finally getting my front to back toe turn solidly. Did about 15 in a row today, now if I could only get the back to front toe turn nailed down. Almost there! One more day to practice heavily, then we move back to the normal homestead from the camp. Summer is officially over for this year, back to reality. Cry.gif

On the toe front make sure that you keep your rope knee in close to your ski leg and keep the rope low. It helps to almost reach for the rope as you come around forward again. If you let the rope get too far away from your body or the rope get too high it is easy to fall back.

Keep the rope in tight and low to the water and stay centered or forward over the ski when you come around and you should get it.

I haven't done much tricking the last couple of years but I am going to buy a new (bigger) trick next year and get back into it. The trick I got 25 years ago is a little small these days.

On the toe front make sure that you keep your rope knee in close to your ski leg and keep the rope low. It helps to almost reach for the rope as you come around forward again. If you let the rope get too far away from your body or the rope get too high it is easy to fall back.

Keep the rope in tight and low to the water and stay centered or forward over the ski when you come around and you should get it.

I haven't done much tricking the last couple of years but I am going to buy a new (bigger) trick next year and get back into it. The trick I got 25 years ago is a little small these days.

Got the back to front toe turn this weekend! Bought a D3 ski at the beginning of the season, much easier to trick on than the older O'brien that I had been learning on last summer.

Playing around yesterday before church I headed into the course at 32 off Shocking.gif (my PB is 28 off) and was ripping right along until I mis-timed 4 ball and ran right over the top of it. Cry.gif It took me out. Yes.gif Jammed up my backfoot ankle pretty good too. :( Got a slight limp today...hope it feels better by Friday.

Edited by NorCaliBu
I free ski 15 off at 36 and love it. Never had the chance to try a course but some folks on our lake went to the Liquid Edge recently so I am headed down there next spring. Something tells be I'll be slowing waaaay down for the course... Biggrin.gif

As Yoda says, "you will you will". I'ts a blast but humbling at the same time. Let us know how you did.

Welcome to the world of round orange balls aka "skiers crack". You will be hooked, it is inevitable

Plus1.gif There's a reason I changed my user name to AddictedTo6 :).

I *almost* got in the dog house today by trying to ski on the day of our wedding anniversary. Fortunately, I was able to stay ski free for 1 day. I'm off the wagon tomorrow though for the next 4 days!

Another new PB today. First set, ran right up the rope and got my first 35off @34mph. The pass was clean & early. Then I shortened to 38off (a whole new ball game Crazy.gif ) but managed to get my token 1 @ 38off. Didn't manage to replicate it again today, but I met my season goal! Time for a new one - we should have at 6 weeks left of good skiing.

Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Nice Job

Another new PB today. First set, ran right up the rope and got my first 35off @34mph. The pass was clean & early. Then I shortened to 38off (a whole new ball game Crazy.gif ) but managed to get my token 1 @ 38off. Didn't manage to replicate it again today, but I met my season goal! Time for a new one - we should have at 6 weeks left of good skiing.
Hey Bill, pretty good, but I've got ya beat. Full pass, -22/61.

My wife reads the oil pressure gauge. :lol:

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

That's hilarious!

Careful now, I'm going to tell her you said that.

That little girl is ripped, she'll kick yer a$$.

Shhhhhh. Innocent.gif

Hey Bill, pretty good, but I've got ya beat. Full pass, -22/61.

My wife reads the oil pressure gauge. :lol:

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

That's hilarious!

Careful now, I'm going to tell her you said that.

That little girl is ripped, she'll kick yer a$$.

Shhhhhh. Innocent.gif

Go buy the fish!!!!! It won't matter then.

Hey, I got a funny PB story for y'all.

I don't know how to post my new PB, because I don't see a place for it.

Hoov and I added another skier to the crew this year. We've been growing him from a seed since middle of last year. This year was his first exposure to the course and Friday was his first day driving the course by himself. Just him and me on the lake before the dawn. He'd seen the demo last month, pulled me under the careful supervision of Hoov in the observation seat, and was now "fully checked out."

Well......sorta.

I always start at -15/34 because it's a great way to warm up. We frequently train at 35mph so that PP34mph at tourney time feels slow, controlled, and easy to make adjustments. So I tell him just pull me at 35mph today and I'll see how far I can go. We take off like a shot and I'm thinkin' this seems pretty fast, but it probably just feels that way because it's still dark and cold. Ran up and back at -15 and -22 feeling behind the whole time, but it took 4 attempts to get -28 with the gates. When I finally got it, feeling like I was behind and scrambling all day, he looks down at me over the windshield very sheepishly and says....."ahhhh.....sorry I kinda screwed ya up there......I've been looking at the wrong guage. That was 3500rpm not 35mph." I repropped my boat to the Acme 13x13 3 months after I bought it. So 3500rpm is a strong 38mph. What a hoot! That poor guy felt so bad.

I want to ammend my PB to a full pass at -28/38mph.

GT- step slowly away from the APU exhaust nozzle, and go breathe some real air.

If what you say is true, I want to fly your driver up to CO so I can run 5@41/38 mph...... and ammend my PB. Clap.gifClap.gifClap.gif