Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

PB Slalom

martho

What is your PB, in practice or tourney  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What is your PB, in practice or tourney

• never run 15 off @ 36mph
    • never run 15 off @ 34mph
    • 6 @ 15 36mph
    • 6 @ 22 36mph
    • 6 @ 28 36mph
    • 6 @ 32 36mph
    • 6 @ 35 36mph
    • 6 @ 38 36mph
    • 6 @ 39.5 36mph
    • 6 @ 41 36mph
    • 6 @ 15 34mph
    • 6 @ 22 34mph
    • 6 @ 28 34mph
    • 6 @ 32 34mph
    • 6 @ 35 34mph
    • 6 @ 38 34mph
    • 6 @ 39.5 34mph
    • 6 @ 41 34mph

What timing!  I just got on the course for the first time this year this past weekend.  First pass I only got 2 at 22 off at 32 MPH.  ICK.  By the end of my first set, I cleared 22 off at 32.  Then 34.  Next time I'm hoping to get 28 off at 34... but that's hoping a lot with how little course time I'm getting this year.  :(

Different course, different lake, different results today. :( Had a rough time with 32 MPH at 22 off. It was just one of those days. I had no off side... Cry.gif

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skisix@38

• Addictedto6

• UWSkier

• reggie

What timing!  I just got on the course for the first time this year this past weekend.  First pass I only got 2 at 22 off at 32 MPH.  ICK.  By the end of my first set, I cleared 22 off at 32.  Then 34.  Next time I'm hoping to get 28 off at 34... but that's hoping a lot with how little course time I'm getting this year.  :(

Different course, different lake, different results today. :( Had a rough time with 32 MPH at 22 off. It was just one of those days. I had no off side... Cry.gif

Good thing you are not on a Monza. My consistancy is down but my PB's are up on that dern ski. I'm either on fire to new PBs or suckin wind at 22/34.

I'll be trying out a System 8 for the next couple weeks... I'll let you know how it goes. I don't want to make excuses, but I was skiing in water 15 degrees warmer than anything else I'd skied in all year. Do you all stars make any adjustments to equipment/technique in warmer water? I have my CDX set up to run with the tip low and slam the turns. I was in choppy warm water yesterday and every little wave was effing up my off side turns...

MY PB is about 15 years old but I ran 32 off at 36 mph when I was younger. I am just returning to the slalom course this year as a 39 year old. I have about 6 sets in this year and my PB this year is 5 @ 28 off at the old man speed of 34 mph.

I'll be trying out a System 8 for the next couple weeks... I'll let you know how it goes.  I don't want to make excuses, but I was skiing in water 15 degrees warmer than anything else I'd skied in all year.  Do you all stars make any adjustments to equipment/technique in warmer water?  I have my CDX set up to run with the tip low and slam the turns.  I was in choppy warm water yesterday and every little wave was effing up my off side turns...

In warmer water you'll need less fin to do the same thing as you were used to doing in the colder water. Things to do for warmer water are: less angle on your wing, less fin length and less depth. What works in cold water for me makes the ski to reactive in warm water

• 3 weeks later...

Have had a pretty good last couple of weeks. I upped the practice PB to 3@38' and got 4@32' in a tournament this weekend. Should have ran the pass but started thinking about it too much and overturned 4 ball. Loving this slow sticky warm water we have here in Kansas.

I have always skied at 30-32 mph. I recently made the commitment to bump up to 34 mph. Biggrin.gif I have stayed away from the course getting used to the new speed and just doing a bunch of free-skiing but making sure that I pull out far enough to simulate a course run.

Well, this morning I headed to the course. First set....long warm-up, then 4 passes at 15 off (missed ball 6 on first pass, then made them all with gates). Yahoo.gif Second set....4 passes at 22 off, clean. Yahoo.gif Third set....3 balls at 28 off, twice, then some free skiing. Yahoo.gif My old PB at 32 mph was 5 at 28 off. Yahoo.gif

What a great way to renew the addiction. Biggrin.gif Anyone riding a CDX, try 34 mph. I thought the ski handled very well at 32....it is even better at 34. Thumbup.gif

No better way to start the week. :)

Anyone riding a CDX, try 34 mph.  I thought the ski handled very well at 32....it is even better at 34. Thumbup.gif

No better way to start the week. :)

I have found this out recently as well. Just like you, I was slaving away at that 22' off 32mph pass. Finally nailed it, and jumped up to 34mph. Can't believe I 'wasted' so much time at the slower speeds. The CDX is so much more responsive at 34.

I'm working on my 22' off now, just not getting back to 4 ball. Unfortunately, I took a spill Saturday morning and bruised some ribs. :( Went out again this morning and it hurt like a mutha on my off-side pulls. Even so, I just about got the 4 ball on my last 3 passes of the morning. I just couldn't get enough pull hooking up after 1 and 3.

Worst part is that I'm not getting any sympathy from my wife. She thinks I shouldn't be skiing at all until the ribs get better. They can cut off my left one before I'll let a little thing like bruised ribs keep me from the course! :)

Oh BTW - you're right. There's no better way to start the week. Or finish it. Or be in the middle of it... Crazy.gif

I'm finally back on the stick after my second surgery...Last week I hit the course for the first time since Feb. two sets of 4 passes at a soft 33mph (need to baby the back for a while). knocked down a couple passes in the second set. tomorrow is day two and I'm excited!

Edited by Addictedto6

A new Tournament pb this weekend, [email protected]!!!! This is on the new Carbonworx ski. I am finding that I would rather have a soft ski and this one is fairly stiff, kind of like a CW version of a Monza, because that is a stiff ski too.

After watching the Blue Angels on Saturday with my son, I had the need for speed on Sunday at the tournament(Ya, I know -corney).

I got to ski a course for the first time on Saturday. It was awesome. I got 4 buoys, 15 off at 32 mph. I know that isn't much, but I am pumped about the opportunity. We joined a private lake last week, so I will get as many opportunities as I can handle.

That would be a cumbersome handle and for that reason it won't happen. I will keep the same handle as many of you know who I am and it's just easier to keep it. If I were to change it I would set my sites a little higher and change it to skisix@39, figuring that if I see it and say it enough I will believe it.

Dream Big guys! and then go make it happen.