Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Garage Door Size???

ACE

I am building a new house and I want to be able to park my 06 23' LSV in the garage with out having to put the tower down. I was wondering if anyone knows the height and width of a garage door needed. I think I can get a way with a 10 foot wide door, but I am not sure about the height.

ACE

That's going to be a tall door- you sure you want a huge door like that on your house?

Why don't you measure your boat on the trailer - I'll probably end up being ~11' door

The height is pretty much 10' (my xti is 9'10")tall with tower up. I would also suggest a 12' wide door if at all possible. The 10 foot door only leaves about 3 inches on either side of the guideposts.

That's going to be a tall door- you sure you want a huge door like that on your house?

Why don't you measure your boat on the trailer - I'll probably end up being ~11' door

It fits within the entire design of the house. I was concerned as well when we first started drawing up the plans and nothing is finalized, but I think we have a concept that works. I was going to measure the boat on the trailer and probable still will, but I want to see if anyone stored their boat this way. It’s an excuse, but I thought I could save a hour drive if someone could drop some knowledge on this issue.

The height is pretty much 10' (my xti is 9'10")tall with tower up. I would also suggest a 12' wide door if at all possible. The 10 foot door only leaves about 3 inches on either side of the guideposts.

My 247 fits in a 11' high door with at least a foot or more to spare. As for the width, I second the 12' door, my guide posts measure 9'-6" and my wakeboard racks are nearly the same....slow and cautious when I back it in.

I put a 12 x 12 door on the boat stall of my shop. It works great. I wouldn't really want a door any narrower, but it would work. An 11' door would probably be high enough if there is such a thing.

Thanks for all the replies. The plan is a 10' X 10' door, which as I figured will be a tight squeeze but all it all will work. I am going to have a 30 foot driveway so I should have plenty of room to line it up.

My boat will fit in the garage with an 10' 8" ceiling. So an 11' door would Definately work. I think a 10' door would be "close"

Yep, when I measured mine, it was 2 inches close, but that clearance wouldn't change and one would quit puckering after about the 100th time in!

I put my 247 through a 10' door all the time. Close, but if you are a good backer at all it is not an issue. I can usually hit it 1st shot. 10' is tall enough.

Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

My VLX does not fit in my 10 foot high door. Has the Titan tower with lights. Without the lights it would fit. Might have some lights for sale soon.

• 3 years later...