Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Interesting color combo

Hman442

I like the two photos showcasing the fact that he's drinking Bud Light while checking out the boat. He may to upgrade to whiskey or something alot stronger if he keeps it.

I like the two photos showcasing the fact that he's drinking Bud Light while checking out the boat. He may to upgrade to whiskey or something alot stronger if he keeps it.

Well I don't want to be mean, but looks like he had a few too many buds before writing the ad. So curiosity hits me was he drinking when he ordered the color scheme?Biggrin.gif

Edited by Pat McCrotch

He must have been deep into a half rack of Bud Light when he chose those colors. How could you pay that much for something that looked like that? Dontknow.gif

it looks like 'THE HULK' raped a pumpkin and this thing was born!

the bud and visor are 'classic' marketing imagery, though!

29 hours/season on a new boat, that's a crime....

You'd think that Malibu would have a 'Trump Card' for when an order comes through like that.

"Uh, I'm sorry sir. But your order was refused by the factory. Apparently they have a standard to live up to and won't allow a boat to go out looking like that - with the Malibu logo - out in public. Now, if you can guarantee that you will only have it on a private lake in Alaska - and when it comes times to sell, you guarantee to ONLY sell it to someone in Russia - then we can move forward with your build date..."

I forget what year (2003 - 2006), but in a Malibu brochure, in a section where there are pics of owner's boats, there is a multi-color Response LXi that is even uglier then that. Can anybody post it?

I have an interesting anecdote that happened to my friend's ex-girlfriend...

She and her sister decided that they would buy a new I-ride in 2006. They built the boat on ISpec to be pink, black and white. For the fun of it, her sister showed some friends and played with the colors. Without knowing it, she saved the boat with polo green instead of pink on the exterior colors. When my buddies' girlfriend placed the order, she told the dealer that she had filled out the colors on ISPEC and saved them, so the dealer had the boat made with the green exterior and pink interior. She only learned it once she went to pick it up... Cry.gif