Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Newbie boat owner

falcofred

Hello,

First time boat owner here, I did own a pair of jet skis (pre children) back in the early 90's. Just bought an almost new 06 V-Ride with 53 hours on it. Really cherry, I can't tell it from new. Decided it would be a good family Christmas present. My kids are 14 and 17, both have there boating license and have been bugging me to get them jet skis. I decided this is more my style and had this killer deal drop in my lap.

We'll be out on South Holston lake in NE Tennessee this summer, hopefully we'll have enough rain to fill it. I'm sure that I get some valueable tips and info from this site.

The boat does not have a sound system, so I'm off to that section of the forum to get some info for my winter project to get some sound in the boat.

For the money you CANNOT beat WetSounds. With the illusion, the the Pro-60's to spare yourself the head bumps, and you'll be VERY happy. Power them correctly, and you'll be all set...

Welcome to the second mortgage club!!

Welcome and congrats on the new boat! My first boat was an inboard and I think it is easier to learn to manuever and dock an inboard if you don't have to break bad habits learned from driving an I/O or outboard.

There are many from this area that head down to Norris during the summer. I don't know how far that is for you but it is a great lake.

Welcome to the site. I sometimes go up to South Holston with the guys from CBK in Kingsport, but usually am at Patrick Henry or Boone. Holston was way down, but hopefully we can get enough rain/snow to refill the lakes. I was a Malibu man for many years and you will love that boat. Traffic Jams in Bristol does a good job on the boat stereo stuff, ask for Greg. My boat is in my profile so holler back if you are out!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the Malibu family. I got an '07 vRide in Feb 2007, it was a great summer. I have younger kids (2 & 6) and it was fun, so I imagine your '08 summer should be great. When you outfit it with a stereo, make sure you include an MP3 jack, which makes the CD almost unnecessary. The tower speakers look sweet, but are not necessary for hearing the music while skiing or swimming. If possible, get the rear radio control on the back exterior of the boat, it's extremely convenient while swimming, especially if you are particular about keeping the boat clean. Good luck and have a great summer!!!