Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

F****NG RAIN!!!!!!

Faceplant409

So we are supposed to be headed up to Shasta early tomorrow to join my neighbor and his family (they have been there a week :( ). He called today to say they have had rain most every day this week and about an inch today alone!!! Tomorrow and Sunday don't look good either. The truck is loaded, boat is ready, ......and we are bummed. :( looking at it one way... it will be one or two days less of tent (dirt) camping with a 2 year old... (8 days scheduled) He's going to call me tomorrow with a first hand weather report, but I'm not gunna hold my breath Cry.gif

Dear Mother nature:

LAKES ARE FULL ENOUGH, SAVE SOME RAIN FOR NEXT WINTER!!! (Please!)

Sincerely, the Malibu Crew!

Dear Mother nature:

LAKES ARE FULL ENOUGH, SAVE SOME RAIN FOR NEXT WINTER!!!  (Please!)

Sincerely, the Malibu Crew!

Amen!

It's been crappy at home for months, good thing I've only had 6 days off in 6 weeks!

I feel your pain Cry.gif We had to cut our shasta trip short this week because of rain Mad.gif It was great tuesday and wednesday, but on thursday morning we woke up bright and early to rain. I listened to the forcast and it was going to rain the next couple of days so we just packed up and headed home. Since we tore down the camp in the rain everything got soaked and now our garage is litered with wet camping and boating gear. Towing 6 hours in the pouring rain wasn't fun either. It was all worth it though for the first two days. They were incredible, weather and water were both perfect :)

I feel your pain Cry.gif  We had to cut our shasta trip short this week because of rain Mad.gif  It was great tuesday and wednesday, but on thursday morning we woke up bright and early to rain. I listened to the forcast and it was going to rain the next couple of days so we just packed up and headed home. Since we tore down the camp in the rain everything got soaked and now our garage is litered with wet camping and boating gear. Towing 6 hours in the pouring rain wasn't fun either. It was all worth it though for the first two days. They were incredible, weather and water were both perfect :)

Wow, that SUCKS!

We'll see how it goes..... Supposed to be great by mid-week. Sorry about your trip. :(

(I guess the bright side is that I'm not getting rained on....yet.) :)

This weather is soooo unpredictable.. One day it is 90, and the next it is raining.

I am heading up to Shasta for the 4th of July.. hopefully to hot weather and no rain,wind,earthquakes or volcanic eruptions. :)

I feel your pain faceplant! Cry.gif

I've been out here on my houseboat on Oroville since Thursday morning and we've had more rain that not.

Right now it's 58 deg and cloudy. Rain threatening. weather.com says showers today and tonight. Tomorrow supposed to get m id 70's though... Surprised.gif

We'll see.

I am with you on the rain thing Mad.gif

We were at Shasta Mon - Fri, and just got back yesterday AM. Mon - Wed were absolutely perfect. I was telling everyone that we better enjoy the heat while it lasted, and soak up some rays. Thu AM the rain started, and was still raining when we left Fri afternoon. Of course as soon as we hit the freeway, there was NO MORE RAIN Mad.gif What made it worse is that the jacuzzi on the houseboat only worked the first day, and they were not able to fix it at the time. I could have tolerated the rain if I could at least, soak in the hot water with a cool one.

In the 5 days we were there, the water level dropped a bit over 2 feet. There was a good amount of debris in the water also, but we would scout out the cove before we rode.

For my first houseboat trip, it was great!! The start of another bad habit.

BTW - bimini's don't hold up at freeway speeds Crazy.gif I was in such a scramble to load and cover the boat in the pouring rain, that I did not notice until about 10 miles down the road. Waaayyy too late by then. What a dope.

Best of luck on your trips. Hopefully the stopm has passed through.

If it were not for bad luck.........You poor wet souls....

We got three days in a row here ( Fri, Sat, and Sun) with blue bird skies and 85+ degrees. The lake is now 80 degrees.......

If it helps any, I've spent 200 bucks this weekend in fuel and beer.... Tongue.gif

Edited by Headhunter 2317

Can you please get rid of the rain before we leave for the States on 8 July. Any consolation, we had a late start to summer in NZ this last season - it rained abnormally for the first whole month of summer, then we ended up with a drought and higher than average temps lasting through till the end of autumn.

We'll do our best for you Andy. It was hit & miss all weekend at NW WOW. Thursday & Friday were rainy (although Friday morning there was one point where there wasn't a cloud in the ski, but by 10 am it was pouring). I like camping on the houseboat, I'm with ya' on that one Buzz. Saturday was better & Sunday was beautiful until about 4:30. Of course it's only supposed to get better & better as the week goes on.

web_7-day_bend.jpg

The weather as explained by LS-one

The wind will always cease Sunday afternoon when heading back to the ramp.

The normally tranquill calm morning, will blow like hell when the houseboat needs to go to the marina for a holding tank pumpout

second part of law two, the marina will also be abnormally busy that morning.

cold fronts only arrive on friday and depart on sunday

a slight chance of showers will turn to moderate rain if at the lake.

a slight chance of showers will only occur if the truck has been washed.

The weather as explained by LS-one

The wind will always cease Sunday afternoon when heading back to the ramp.

The normally tranquill calm morning, will blow like hell when the houseboat needs to go to the marina for a holding tank pumpout

second part of law two, the marina will also be abnormally busy that morning.

cold fronts only arrive on friday and depart on sunday

a slight chance of showers will turn to moderate rain if at the lake.

a slight chance of showers will only occur if the truck has been washed.

That would be a lot funnier if it wasn't like that this entire spring up here.

Hopefully you were able to get some money back for the houseboat rental due to the inoperable hot tub  Mad.gif

Well, They gave us a $500 discount on our next rental there. I told them "what if we don't want to rent from you, and want to go to another marina?". They said since I did not make the reservation, the person that did can take it up with the person he made the reservation with. He will be doing that soon. I wish him luck!

So to finish the post I originally started...

We left Sunday am instead of Sat on the 5 hr drive up to Shasta. Got in about 4:30pm, set up camp, had dinner with the rest of the group and went to bed. (first time in a tent for 2 yr old Caitlin... :) ) Had a wonderful week. I did not get to ride as much as I'd like to because I did not have a full time 3rd. :Doh: (note to self: always bring one of wife's single friends camping...) Met Troy (SacRiverRat) and his 2 boys (reaaal nice folks!!!!) on Tuesday while we were hanging out at the beach that we usually invade. Though 4 pm is NOT the time to go searching for rideable water on Shasta or any lake. Unfortunately I have come to the sad conclusion that we can either have the 2 yr old OR the dog (80 lb blk lab Trevor) on board at the same time..... :( I voted we keep the dog, but I got overruled.... Biggrin.gif (Sorry Trev...)

So I've got a week to vacuume the BLACK dog hair up and detail it again before we go to Melones with the in-laws..... Cry.gif Actually it should be a good trip as we will have 3 or 4 riders at all times!!!! (just need to find a place to ride as it'll be 4th of July {read: ameteur} weekend........

i just got back from our annual 2 week romp at shasta. the rain was pretty lame. the wind was terriblly bad as well. it was stormin up there.

Glad you had a good time & that the weather ended up cooperating.  Why just the dog or just the kid, but not both?  Too much to deal with (I can relate with that  :))?

Yup! Dog OR kid. Not both. -Neither listen very well. They're both 3 yrs old.... Crazy.gif

Boating is supposed to be relaxing, right????

Haha, we had to stop taking our blackie because she thinks that everyone behind the boat needs saving. That along with 2 kids in the boat, traffic on the lake & all the other things that go with driving....too much.

Your little girl needs a sibling to keep her occupied. ;)