Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The New Frameless Windshield

Malibusteve

Jerry, you'd better get back in the game, old man. You're pulling up threads that are more than half a month old!!! ;) But I WOULD still like to see pics.

Well unlike you he can actually remember what happened a month ago....

:lol:Fingerwag.gif:biteme:

I just went to my dealer yesterday and looked at my new 23lsv that came in and it seems that they have changed the vented windshields mid-run.... mine has square holes instead of round. Anyways I was pleasantly surprised, looks much better and hopefully it has fixed previous problems you speak of.boat.jpg

How is your tower staying up like that? When mine is folded down it goes down past the windshield and sits on the dash??

VERY CURIOUS....

I just went to my dealer yesterday and looked at my new 23lsv that came in and it seems that they have changed the vented windshields mid-run.... mine has square holes instead of round. Anyways I was pleasantly surprised, looks much better and hopefully it has fixed previous problems you speak of.boat.jpg

How is your tower staying up like that? When mine is folded down it goes down past the windshield and sits on the dash??

VERY CURIOUS....

It was a little metal connector that the dealer used.... when I fold it down now it sits on the dash. Im thinking of having my uncle make me up one, for some reason it bugs me to have it resting there for long periods.

• 4 years later...

Has anyone removed this style windsheild?

I have an EARLY 08 RLXI with the round vents, and am putting wetsounds speakers in the dash.

There are NO through bolts that i have found, and the only exposed fasteners are right next to the walk through, and through the rubber cap on the back tip of the windsheild.

Any tips on removal?

THanks!

• 11 months later...

@dhcomp.

Have you ever managed to find out how is the windshield connected.

Mine is sperating from the frame and I am looking on how to fix it.

Thanks

BB

• 6 years later...
On 1/15/2020 at 4:53 PM, Jnorris said:

My 07 VTX is separating.  Was it difficult to fix?

Thanks for your help

Old thread... but I will comment that the windshield with round circles was known to have separation issues.  I finally just replaced mine(on my 2008) with a 2009+ (square hole) windshield and never looked back.  Seems the original design was a bit flawed on how it was designed and held together.  I am guessing a good glass shop might be able to "fix" your current windshield with some good adhesive but I think it is something you will need to repeat from time to time. If I remember right the circle windshield frame is just attached with double sided tape... no bolts through the hull (except maybe a small screw at the back?)  The newer style fully bolts through the fiberglass.  Maybe you can find a way to add some fasteners to the older style.  My guess is that as the double sided tape ages it becomes less effective and then with all the movement a boat experiences on the water things start to move and the glass starts to pull away from the frame.  Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...