Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Center Cap on Steering wheel fell off

Center cap on steering wheel of 2000 vlx fell off today. Will not stay back in looks like it might have had some sort of glue holding it in. Does anybody know what to use to put it back in place. Also since it is off if I wanted to center the wheel do you just loosen nut? It needs to be moved about a quarter turn to be level when going straight.

Center cap on steering wheel of 2000 vlx fell off today.  Will not stay back in looks like it might have had some sort of glue holding it in.  Does anybody know what to use to put it back in place.  Also since it is off if I wanted to center the wheel do you just loosen nut?  It needs to be moved about a quarter turn to be level when going straight.

Ours comes off as well, but we haven't secured it yet. I was told that wrapping some thin strips of tape around the outer edges would it make it fit better. It doesn't help that my 2 yr. old likes to take it off. I'm open to other suggestions.

Mine fell out as well. I just used come tube and tile adhesive caulk and it has stayed just fine.

Did you just use your own, or did you pick-up some somewhere else? er. "Come Tube that is. Crazy.gif

Mine stays in place all by itself unless I pull it off. :)

As far as centering the wheel. I tried to break that nut off in the center and it fought me too much so I just took off all the allen screws and moved it that way.