Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Malibu Year?

Addictedto6

What year is your Malibu  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What year is your Malibu

• 1986-1982

WOW!  Lots of money on this board.  :)

There are more 2003-2005s than there are if you add up all the other years.

I used to own a '94 MC before the bu. I had a lot of hours on my MC but was not interested in Bu until the last few years. For me and my location, high altitude, the promo bu's from '94-2001 looked alright, and they skied only ok. They were harder to keep straight and they were soft/spungy at the ball. When the promo RLX in 2002 showed up I thought "hey, they are really starting to put a boat together" and then in 2003 the promo RLX was a real sweetheart to drive and ski with- all my high scores were behind that boat. I liked the looks of the MC197 but it didnt' ski as well and it loved the gas, I also like to ski and drive the CC196 but, they need to bring the bling and comfort to justify their prices. When I started opening in the spray region of my MC I knew I had to get another boat.

And I thought I had a newer boat. Based off this pole, I think I'll name my boat "Old School"

Phil

Old School = Wood. The ole Skier still floats and still runs(most of the time), no need for a payment until she stops doing one of the above.

Old School = Wood. The ole Skier still floats and still runs(most of the time), no need for a payment until she stops doing one of the above.

Haha, that I'll agree with. The Skier is a great boat though, & if there's no payment then that makes an even better boat IMO. Biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

Haha, that I'll agree with. The Skier is a great boat though, & if there's no payment then that makes an even better boat IMO. Biggrin.gif

Sage advice of course you're not going to listen to it....lol

I have a '86 Skier with 360 hours. The engine runs good, still looks like new on the outside but some of the seats need to be recovered on the interior. It's short on space and not very enjoyable in choppy water but it's fun to drive, has plenty of pull, good on gas and the price that I got it for was a still.

• 1 year later...

The world has changed since this poll was done. Rather than update, and mix new data with old data.... I think we need to simply re-do it again. New members... new boats... etc.

Tracie, this would go well with the updated version of which MODEL. Also ties in to the recent thread on "what's a classic".

Also, if folks have multi boats, maybe they identify the one on the poll that gets the most hours per year.... and send Tracie a PM with data on the 2nd and/or 3rd.

This poll could include ANY moel of ski/wake boat.... not just Malibu's. OR, we could resrict to Malibu's only. Either one is interesting.

Tracie, what do you think?

Edited by doughickey
Is it possible to do a sorta "sliding" poll where one could undo their vote when they change and revote?

You mean when they realize they screwed up and go back to a direct drive? :)

• 2 weeks later...
...with the oldest & smallest boat.

No.gif Oldest? Well, so far...Smallest? You have apparently never seen a Sporty. Shocking.gif

:lol:

Not so fast. I have a 1986 Sunsetter. See post for 1999 LXI. May be trading up in years.

Not so fast. I have a 1986 Sunsetter. See post for 1999 LXI. May be trading up in years.
You do realize that you're quoting posts from way back in June...of 2005. Crazy.gif

THIS poll was created almost 2 years ago (June 2005). As such, the data is no longer accurate. Many folks have bought/sold, as well as new members have joined.

Please access the - YEAR of BOAT: 2007 POLL - (different thread in General Topics), and let us know your Model Year.

Thanks.

Edited by doughickey
  • 2 weeks later...
Doug,

Want this thread closed?

Yes. This is almost 2 years old. The new one takes its place.

Thanks.