Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Wakeboard do you use?

martho

Just bought a 04 Liquid Force Substance 134 w/Sphynx bindings for my son's bday present and am debating on trying it out as well. He is a beginner and couldn't see spending a lot for his first board.

Any reviews or tips on this board?

Right now I am using an older HL Fluid 137, and that thing doesn't track worth a flip. When I go to cut, all it does is slide, so not getting much air so no tricks yet. Pulled out my even older HL Offshore last trip just so I could start getting back used to jumping and clearing both wakes again (been over 10 years since really wakeboarded other than just riding to show son how to cross wakes/get up/etc.

I love Ronix!

wake surfer- 2011 Ronix ONE skimmer

Guess Board- 2010 Ronix Vault 139 - Divide bindings

Fav. board- 2010 Ronix Ibex 139 LTD - Chrome Relik Bindings

New board- 2012 Ronix ONE board 138 - 2010 Frank Boots lime green looks sick!!!

Wake Skate- 2012 Ronix Electric collection Poppin wheelies size 43

Edited by jesseray6537

I have a few older wakeboard, but looking for a new one, so here is what I am currently using:

1) Older HL 137 Fluid - doesn't track worth a flip and so I cannot cut into the wake to get any air

2) Older HL Offshore 143 - tracks pretty good but just to big for me

3) 04 Liquid Force Substance 134 w/Sphynx bindings - just boughtLiquid for my son and I love it except for the size small bindings. I can get all the air I want without even trying hard, and it cuts/tracks really well.

I am looking on http://www.evo.com/outlet-shop/wake/packages.aspx at last years models, and trying to find one that is as good as the LF Substance 134, I am 5'-6", 150 lbs.

Any recommendations?

• 3 weeks later...

Me - 2011 Hyperlite B-Side with 2012 System Bindings and Murray Boots

Younger Sisters - 2010 O'Brien Clutch with 2011 Kick Bindings

Friends - 2010 Hyperlite Premier with 2011 System Bindings and Murray Boots

I have a few older wakeboard, but looking for a new one, so here is what I am currently using:

1) Older HL 137 Fluid - doesn't track worth a flip and so I cannot cut into the wake to get any air

2) Older HL Offshore 143 - tracks pretty good but just to big for me

3) 04 Liquid Force Substance 134 w/Sphynx bindings - just boughtLiquid for my son and I love it except for the size small bindings. I can get all the air I want without even trying hard, and it cuts/tracks really well.

I am looking on http://www.evo.com/outlet-shop/wake/packages.aspx at last years models, and trying to find one that is as good as the LF Substance 134, I am 5'-6", 150 lbs.

Any recommendations?

Getting ready to order one, but still trying to figure out which one, here is some things I want in a board:

1) 3 stage rocker (love the pop off the wake on LF Substance)

2) Don't want the boards that are different on one side than other - the ones that supposed to help your seeker side

3) Good set of bindings that fit a size 9

4) Edges/cuts really good

5) Brand doesn't matter, just need some board/binding names from the better companies to really look at to decide (Ronix, LF, Hyperlite, Gator, Slingshot, etc)

6) I am no pro but want a advanced board to progress on and last a while

7) Size - I'm actually in between like a 134 and 138I board - both would work so should I go with bigger or smaller?

Looking at evo.com, proboardshop.com, and any other places you can think of that has good deals on previous/last years models

Thanks for any input.

Getting ready to order one, but still trying to figure out which one, here is some things I want in a board:

1) 3 stage rocker (love the pop off the wake on LF Substance)

2) Don't want the boards that are different on one side than other - the ones that supposed to help your seeker side

3) Good set of bindings that fit a size 9

4) Edges/cuts really good

5) Brand doesn't matter, just need some board/binding names from the better companies to really look at to decide (Ronix, LF, Hyperlite, Gator, Slingshot, etc)

6) I am no pro but want a advanced board to progress on and last a while

7) Size - I'm actually in between like a 134 and 138I board - both would work so should I go with bigger or smaller?

Looking at evo.com, proboardshop.com, and any other places you can think of that has good deals on previous/last years models

Thanks for any input.

I ride the Hyperlite Bside 2011 and it's a solid board man.

1) It's a blended 3 stage rocker. it doesn't lose performance on the air, but it also blends (a tiny bit, to give you forgiving landings)

2) It's great to ride split stance to use either way perfect fakie board.

3) Don't ask me about bindings :P (but I use Hyperlite system with murray boots)

4) The edges on this board are godlike, you can cut like a boss.

5) Hyperlite is the Malibu of wakeboards lol (the best)

6) This board can take you from wake to wake to 900s, well it can take you far...

7) Evo has their 136 for sale http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboards/hyperlite-b-side-wakeboard-2011.aspx and if you go bigger on a board it's easier to ride, but harder to fly, smaller board will help you get aerials better and you'll be able to sink more which, will help you load the line better and in turn will help you hit the jumps harder. Also this board is nice in rough water if the glass isn't out that day!

hyperlite-bside-wakeboard-2012.jpg

Oh and come on those are some pretty sick graphics! ^^^^ :rofl:

mnhays, thanks that's the kind of info I needed, I've been out of wakeboarding so long that looking at all these newer companies and board models is confusing me! Back when I really got into wakeboarding there was only a few board companies and boards that were actually any good, now there seems to be a lot.

mnhays, thanks that's the kind of info I needed, I've been out of wakeboarding so long that looking at all these newer companies and board models is confusing me! Back when I really got into wakeboarding there was only a few board companies and boards that were actually any good, now there seems to be a lot.

No problem man.

I'll be curious to find out what you get, but I mostly have hyperlite and some LF experience except when it comes to the bindings, I lack in knowledge, they all feel the same or too loose.

I'll start by saying I'm not a good wakeboarder. I think I have actually gotten worse this year! I have two boards:

2007 Liquid Force Omega 143: http://www.wakeworld.com/products/index.php?l=product_detail&p=56247

I bought this board after getting my Hyperlite (which replaced a POS board I broke) and not liking it. Probably due to messing my knee up on it the first time out, and my form as good at the time so the board wore me out quickly. I was used to a very loose board, and the Omega fit the bill. But since I got into surfing, I found the Omega to be too loose and went back to my Hyperlite, which all of a sudden is a board I really like.

2007 Hyperlite Imperial 140: http://www.wakeworld.com/products/index.php?l=product_detail&p=56101

Lots of pop. A buddy of mine who is a much better boarder than I am has a 2009 CWB Pure 141; he has ridden my Imperial a bunch of times (using the same bindings), and he gets more air and is a better rider on my Imperial than he is on his CWB board (even though he has a lot more time/comfort on the CWB). It's a significant difference.