Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Tower for my Response

Johnny Response

Heah Bu'ers (suspiciously like boozers),

I have a great lookin' 2005 Response LXI that I want to add a tower to. Any suggestions and pictures to go along with that?

Two things I do know. I don't like the look of the low-end, cheapy towers and I'd love to go with an Illusion-X but apparently my windshield tapers to far back and a slalom rope would interfere.

So what would you recommend?

thanks, . . . Johnny

I like the looks of the Extreme tower but it appears to be about a foot lower than the Titan 3... I think I would get pretty annoyed at hitting my head on that after a couple of times...

Nice looking boat Edwin... Really like that Titan...

Check out my gallery for the Xtreme tower.

Where can I find the Extreme towers? The look is clean is and looks very nice.

The Xtreme tower is only available through your dealer.

I've never have anyone hit there head on the tower now the speakers are another thing.

Edited by onamission

For the Response LXi, we make a special version of the Series III that is 6" shorter than the tower that goes on the larger boats. It brings the tower into proportion with the rest of the boat, and still offers a little more headroom than the Extreme (which is a great tower BTW).

thumb_titan_dl6_1.jpgthumb_titan_dl6_2.jpgthumb_titan_dl6_3.jpgthumb_titan_dl6_4.jpg

The Series III is nice because it features all of the other innovations in Titan's products, and on an RLXi, it doesn't interfere at all with the rope, even at deep shortline. They are available from any Malibu dealer.

Jason

i have a skylon swooop mini and it does not affect shortline for us. works great for the fam when we are not chasing bouys. It does not feel cheep and I dont think it looks like that either. i will find a picture soon and upload it for you. Search lxi with skylon mini swoop and you will find some. there use to be some good pics at wakesiderides.

Thanks alot for the feedback guys! Looks like the survey suggests Titan III or the Extreme. But I have a couple questions:

- I don't see theExtreme tower on the Xtreme/Monster website? Have I got the wrong manufacturer? http://www.xtremetowers.com/

- Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Titan Alpha I, which is a great looking tower as well. Any comment?

Thanks alot for the feedback guys! Looks like the survey suggests Titan III or the Extreme. But I have a couple questions:

- I don't see theExtreme tower on the Xtreme/Monster website? Have I got the wrong manufacturer? http://www.xtremetowers.com/

- Also, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Titan Alpha I, which is a great looking tower as well. Any comment?

Xtreme is a custom tower and needs to ordered through a dealer.

Hey Johnny-

We currently offer the Series I, II and III towers. The Series III is exclusive to Malibu though (and is a factory offered tower), where as the Series I and II are available to the aftermarket through our dealer network. They are all fantastic towers, most people prefer to stick with the OEM option though, which is why the Series III is so popular.

si_vs_sii.jpg

As you can see, the Series I and II are a little more restrained compared to the aggressive bend in the rear hoop of the Series III. All three of the towers perform great though, so you really can pick the one you like the most without any compromises.

Jason

Before you rule out the Illusion Tower on the Response LXi, consider:

At 32' off, the tower base is not in the way of the rope. If you ski shorter than that, why are you getting a tower?

The Bimini cover integrates so nice with the Illusion tower. With other towers I have had the bimini is lower than the tower, actually much lower than the Illusion bimini. If you want a bimini, figure out the height of the bimini, not the tower.

The illusion tower folds onto the windshield, so the interior of the boat is usable while garaged. Some towers fold up into the main part of the boat, and are in the way while garaged. Pull two pins, it's down.

The illusion tower has a distinctive look, comes in black; very different than the silver tube towers everyone else has.

The titan spinner racks on the illusion tower are a stunning set. Best we've ever had.

happy hunting

Edited by SKI LVR

At 32' off, the tower base is not in the way of the rope. If you ski shorter than that, why are you getting a tower?

The Bimini cover integrates so nice with the Illusion tower. With other towers I have had the bimini is lower than the tower, actually much lower than the Illusion bimini. If you want a bimini, figure out the height of the bimini, not the tower.

The illusion tower folds onto the windshield, so the interior of the boat is usable while garaged. Some towers fold up into the main part of the boat, and are in the way while garaged. Pull two pins, it's down.

The illusion tower has a distinctive look, comes in black; very different than the silver tube towers everyone else has.

The titan spinner racks on the illusion tower are a stunning set. Best we've ever had.

happy hunting

Any idea what dealers change for the Illusion towers? Does anyone have a picture of this combination, a 2005(or equivalent) RLXI and an Illusion tower?

Thanks for the feedback!

happy hunting

Any idea what dealers change for the Illusion towers? Does anyone have a picture of this combination, a 2005(or equivalent) RLXI and an Illusion tower?

Thanks for the feedback!

Here you go...

post-6-1198009131_thumb.jpg

happy hunting

Thanks for the feedback!

Here you go...

Hey, now it looks like a mini vdrive Thumbup.gif