Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What ski do you use?

martho

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skisix@38

• Addictedto6

• edwin

• JohnDoe

I've got a bunch of fins that I've been kicking around selling.

1) Schnitzer Slot Fin w. mini wing

2) 88C for Monza ( I may play with this one some more...not sure)

3) 105 which I think fits a bunch of skis but is currently on my old D3.

'02 CDX w/dbl Animals.

Laceup wraps went bad (tore), replaced with Wiley (non-lace) wraps, and my rear leg is thanking me. The Laceup wrap kept cutting into the side of my leg just above the ankle. It would stay an open wound all season, just get healed during the winter, then get torn up again the following season. Now I just have what seems to be a permanent scar there to remind me.

HO CDX (I think it's a 2002 model, but one of the Wiley re-makes from 2004) with Animal front and RTP.

HO CDX with Venom front plate/ RTP. I put a large gash it my ski last summer, (ski rope handle) first time I've ever done that to any ski. Looking for something new, but I really like the CDX.

Edited by Woober

for relaxing skiing a 2002 HO ASX with Phantom bindings front & rear

most of the time a Wiley's remake of the 2002 HO CDX with Approach bindings front & rear

Just in case anybody's keeping score.... here's the tally so far:

HO: 18 (Lots of CDX's. Seems to be a favorite!)

KD: 5

O'Brien: 2

Connelly: 1

Carbonworx: 1

Bunch of HO bigots here.

Good thread.

Edited by doughickey
Just in case anybody's keeping score.... here's the tally so far:

HO: 18 (Lots of CDX's. Seems to be a favorite!)

KD:  5

O'Brien:  2

Connelly:  1

Carbonworx:  1

Bunch of HO bigots here.

Good thread.

In a few months (as soon as I can ski), that will probably change -1 KD, +1 HO when i get a new stick. definitely leaning towards the monza.

always had a soft spot for connelly. loved my HP graphite until some fool (not me) lost it on the sac river. got a rocket after that wasn't that big of a fan. still sitting in the garage.

Edited by Addictedto6

PS. Original CDX (including Wileys remake) is a great ski. HO really took a step back with the truth. sounds like they're back on track.

Edited by Addictedto6

Connelly F2 w/ double Stokers...just went from the RTP to the rear boot this year to try it out before deciding on a new stick someday...leaning toward one of the D3s.

HO Charger (2000) with HO high-wrap and RTP.

Curious about other skis, though, because this is all I've skied. Hopefully I can try some out this summer and find out if it's the "right" one for me. Like it so far though...

Man.... wish I had seen this before I went stick hunting. It says (based on the stats)... just go to Wiley's for an HO. Unless you're deep shortline, CDX is the favored.... otherwise try the S8 or Monza. (Glad I sold the "Truth" and chose the CDX instead. You folks have really confirmed I most likely made the right choice.)

Update out of 30 replies:

HO: 21 (70%)

KD: 4

Connelly: 2

O'Brien: 2

carbonworx: 1

Man.... wish I had seen this before I went stick hunting.  It says (based on the stats)... just go to Wiley's for an HO. Unless you're deep shortline, CDX is the favored.... otherwise try the S8 or Monza. (Glad I sold the "Truth" and chose the CDX instead. You folks have really confirmed I most likely made the right choice.)

Update out of 30 replies:

HO:  21    (70%)

KD:  4

Connelly: 2

O'Brien:  2

carbonworx:  1

I feel another poll coming...

Here's the edwin list..Most of these are in great shape and for sale...System 8 is staying.

HO System 8 - 68"

HO Phantom - 68"

HO ASX - 69"

KD 7000 - 67"

HO PSX - 68"

Duvall 1050 - 66"

EP Tactic - 66"

one warning to KD titanium owners - you all probably know already, but KD had a problem with them breaking when they first came out. one guy at the pond I ski at got pretty messed up when it broke between his bindings.

KD recalled and corrected the problem with the new models.

Here's the edwin list..Most of these are in great shape and for sale...System 8 is staying.

HO System 8 - 68"

HO Phantom - 68"

HO ASX - 69"

KD 7000 - 67"

HO PSX - 68"

Duvall 1050 - 66"

EP Tactic - 66"

Hmmm...from a 66 to a 69. I see a steady progression in, um, er, size. Biggrin.gif

Have been on the HO Charger with the Venom boot and RTP for a few years now.

Old sticks in the rafters of the garage include:

2 - Duvall 900S, 68"

O'Brien World Team Comp

Mrs. Thumbs rides the HO Venture.

Edwin forgot to mention the Apex slalom ski he learned on way back when. His niece has claimed it for her own since she got up on it last weekend. She graduated from her HO trainer skis.

Darren at Wiley's has taken care of us on all of the HO skis.

Edwin forgot to mention the Apex slalom ski he learned on way back when.  His niece has claimed it for her own since she got up on it last weekend.  She graduated from her HO trainer skis.

Forgot the Apex...good ole Taperflex. Come to think of it, I just a saw a pic of edwin as a 7 year old buck skiing on a wood Mahjerah (sp)