Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What ski do you use?

martho

Since I started the boat thread a few weeks ago, I am still amazing at how many boats this group has driven. It is really nice to have a resource of people who can have direct input on a specific boat.

Now, let's move to slalom skis.

What ski are you currently riding? If you wish to add previous skis, that is fine. This will give us a direct resource for someone who is riding the ski either you want to ski or want to purchase.

HO System 8 - venom/RTP

HO Burner

Edited by martho
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skisix@38

• Addictedto6

• edwin

• JohnDoe

HO Magnum with dual Vipers. Love it!!! easy to control, cuts when I want to, easy to get me out of the water (I'm no feather weight)

I think I ride an Obrien Rumor Comp with a front boot and a RTP.

You can probably tell I'm not very good at slalom skiing, but I still have fun with it. I've only skiied the course twice and went as far as being able to ski the novice balls at 15 off. Yeah, I pretty much suck at this.

2X4 with flip flops nailed to the top.

Actually a VTX with double animals...but fathers day is Sunday so I am hoping my kids pull through for me.

HO Rival - We call it the "Fat Boy". I am just about ready to move to something else but keep that one for all my "Fat Boy" brothers and friends.

After skiing on EP's every since the Wayne Grimditch days, I reluctantly purchased a KD 7000 w/ Wiley High Wraps. Haven't spent much time on a course with this ski, but I think it skis good.

I sure miss my old Connelly Hook that I traded to my brother for a case of Moosehead in 1982. Don't you wish you could just go back. I could throw a pigskin a 1/4 mile in 1982!

KB, if the coach had just put you in in the fourth quarter, we'd have won state!!

Thanks to Matt (UWSkier), I'm on a '98 HO Mach1 with Venom front and RTP. I wish my skill/talent would dictate a better ski, but so far it hasn't.

skisix@38 I have to give the nod to you with the best on the crew...3.5 @39 very impressive.....I finally ran 6 @28 34mph 3 times last week!!!hurry for me:)

Reggie

after waiting and waiting for a system 8, i said forget it and got a monza. got it dialed in, and then it delaminated. So, ordered a system 8. it never came in. Got another Monza with double venoms. Once it's dialed in, it's a ride like none other that I have been on. Super fast, super solid in the turn.

Absolutely. I'm at your level, not skisix's. But after you get the fin set up sight on this ski, I don't really agree that you have to be way up it (the rope) to enjoy it. I have had others ski on it and they all seem to like it. I can see where a narrow carbons ski would be too temperamental to many, but this ski is so wide and stable that a little chop doesn't make it dance to me.