Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

bow area on 2007 wsvlx

Chia

on my former boat, a 2001 ssvlx the bow area was molded into the boat when it was built. Is this the same on a 2007 wsvlx or is the bow area screwed down. If it is screwed down, I am pretty sure i can install the missing bow ballast.

thanks

on my former boat, a 2001 ssvlx the bow area was molded into the boat when it was built. Is this the same on a 2007 wsvlx or is the bow area screwed down. If it is screwed down, I am pretty sure i can install the missing bow ballast.

thanks

I cant speak for an'07 model, but my '06 VLX is molded and would require major fiberglass work to install the bow ballast.

thanks

I cant speak for an'07 model, but my '06 VLX is molded and would require major fiberglass work to install the bow ballast.

Looking at the 2006 brochure, I do not see where bow ballast is an available option. I am pretty sure the factory would not be able to install the bow ballast in an '07 if it was all molded. The bow ballast tank has to be added after the boat is out of the mold, ergo, the bow area should have to be screwed down, not integrated. right?

Edited by Cervelo

thanks

Looking at the 2006 brochure, I do not see where bow ballast is an available option. I am pretty sure the factory would not be able to install the bow ballast in an '07 if it was all molded. The bow ballast tank has to be added after the boat is out of the mold, ergo, the bow area should have to be screwed down, not integrated. right?

It is & I have it. I believe that it was an option beginning in '05, & IIRC back in '04 on the 23' boats. I can't answer the questions on the fiberglass because obviously mine has the tank, but if you need any pics I can help you with that. Just let me know.

The bow area is fiberglassed in place if the boat is not equipped with the bow ballast. Wakegirl is correct as far as option, only that it was standard on the WS 23 and option on the Vlx. If you get a boat that does not have the option I would plumb in sacks under the bow instead of installing the factory Tank. You can get a little more weight in the nose with the sacks rather than the tank and there would be a lot less cutting involved.

The bow area is fiberglassed in place if the boat is not equipped with the bow ballast. Wakegirl is correct as far as option, only that it was standard on the WS 23 and option on the Vlx. If you get a boat that does not have the option I would plumb in sacks under the bow instead of installing the factory Tank. You can get a little more weight in the nose with the sacks rather than the tank and there would be a lot less cutting involved.

thanks, that clarifies it. Only boats that have the optional bow ballast installed at the factory have the bow area screwed down.

I double checked the '06 brochure and see it was an option for the wsvlx, standard on the 23 xti and lsv.

thanks, that clarifies it. Only boats that have the optional bow ballast installed at the factory have the bow area screwed down.

I double checked the '06 brochure and see it was an option for the wsvlx, standard on the 23 xti and lsv.

This may be true for the VLX's, but on the 247's the bow is not molded in. Boats with or without the factory installed ballast tanks have the same mold. On the older boats, the front walk-thru was molded in. When you have the factory ballast on the 247, there is just a carpeted panel blocking off the walk-thru.