Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Temp Sensor on Monsoon

Anyone have a picture or good description of where to find the water temp sensor? Earlier this season, it would occasionally creep up and up and up, even though engine temp was steady around 160. It freaked me out a couple times to see the temp up over 200. Well, last weekend, the thing quit working entirely. The gauge is pegged out as low as the needle will go. I'm hoping this is just a bad ground or a loose connection on the sensor. Mad.gif

The temp sensor used by the ECM is there on the right side of this picture, right next to the lifting eye. I have heard people indicate that there is another sensor that is used to drive the guage, but I do not know that to be a fact.

post-60-1118859297_thumb.jpg

Neither my current Monsoon ('03 335hp) nor my last one ('01 325hp) have a second sensor in that location (near the T-Stat). There are two plugs in the intake manifold, one on each side of the T-Stat. The port side plug (on a DD - see my pic above) is where the sensor goes for the ECM. The starboard side plug is typically used as the hot water supply for the heater (at least this is where the factory does it), or it will just have a plug in it if there is no heater.

If there is a second temp sensor on the Monsoon, it is somewhere else, maybe on the back end of the manifold. I'll try and look at mine tonight when I get home.

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier