Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sky Ski & Air Chair pics

goochy

I bought an ST in the group buy... I have YET to have a chance (time and weather) to get it out... I hope to this weekend, however.

JZ

<OT>

Hey guys... where'd you get that great image gallery software?

JZ

</OT>

I had one of my developers write it. I still need to improve the navigation and upload. For now, it only allows me to dump a bunch of files into directory and/or sub-directory on the server. It creates the navigation, thumbs and previews on the fly.

Larry

Edited by larrys

I'll be taking both our Sky Skis out for a three + day trip to Lake Norris, TN. We are leaving in about an hour. IF I remember to take a camera AND I can convince someone to take pics AND I remember to post them here, maybe I'll have some entertainment for you eary next week.

Did everyone from the Sky Ski group buy receive there Foil Bags?? If not please let me know. Sorry for the delay, when dealing with an outside vendor sometimes things do not go as planed Mad.gifThanks to all who participated, if any one needs any assistance please feel free to contact me Biggrin.gif

Keep the pics coming!!!!

Chris,

I got my foil case yesterday! Thanks! Everything is great and the buy was excellent! (Although, if the weather doesn't cooperate, I'll never get a chance to try it :()

Thanks again!

JZ

Chris: I got my cover Friday. It's well worth waiting for. That is definately a heavy duty cover. Thanks for all your work on the GB. Clap.gif

John

Did everyone from the Sky Ski group buy receive there Foil Bags?? If not please let me know. Sorry for the delay, when dealing with an outside vendor sometimes things do not go as planed Mad.gif  Thanks to all who participated, if any one needs any assistance please feel free to contact me Biggrin.gif

Keep the pics coming!!!!

Yep. Just got mine. Unfortunatley it missed by a day. It arrived on friday and I left at 3PM thursday for a long weekend of boating. But I'll have it for next trip!

Thanks again for arranging everything.

Jeff

Chris: I got my cover Friday. It's well worth waiting for. That is definately a heavy duty cover. Thanks for all your work on the GB.    Clap.gif

John

I'll second the heavy duty comment. I have a cover for my older Sky Ski and it is not nearly as heavy duty. The zipper on this new one seems MUCH better.

Jeff

Chris: I got my cover Friday. It's well worth waiting for. That is definately a heavy duty cover. Thanks for all your work on the GB.    Clap.gif

John

I'll second the heavy duty comment. I have a cover for my older Sky Ski and it is not nearly as heavy duty. The zipper on this new one seems MUCH better.

Jeff

And I'll third it. Ours came in last week & boy-howdy that thing is beefy.

BTW, can one of you experienced types explain what the process is for landing a jump? Joe was starting to try that yesterday, but neither of us could remember what they said about it on the dvd.

BTW, can one of you experienced types explain what the process is for landing a jump?  Joe was starting to try that yesterday, but neither of us could remember what they said about it on the dvd.

Try www.foilfreaks.com for any and all training video/etc. It is by far the best

source for learning how to hydrofoil. It is a bit skewed to Sky Ski over Air Chair but their guidance applies to both (and most of here on TMC appear to be SkySki owners anyway...)

I doubt I can explain it well enough but if Foil Freaks isn't enough info, ask again and I'll to describe jumping. If you get to "how to flip/invert" I can provide lots of guidance and training as to what NOT TO DO. :-(

Jeff

John

Jeff

And I'll third it. Ours came in last week & boy-howdy that thing is beefy.

BTW, can one of you experienced types explain what the process is for landing a jump? Joe was starting to try that yesterday, but neither of us could remember what they said about it on the dvd.

OK, to jump I suggest staying inside the wake out of the prop wash, board about 16" off the water, make a slight dip forward (dont crash the board on the water) then rock back, very important to stay back thru the jump, DONT PUSH ON YOUR FEET!! This will cause you to faceplant, keep your hands down, when you raise your hands the pull on the rope will bring you over the front. Let the board come back to the water and then adjust back into riding position (remember what it feels like to ride). Dont try to go big yet, just nice little bunny hops. When you get this take it to the wake, come at the wake nice and slow from about ten feet out, try to bring the foil out the top of the wake. If you are geting slack in the rope you are yanking on the handle. It is very hard to keep riding when the slack comes tight. Dont forget, keep the handle in you lap, (if your arms are straight you will not be able to overcome any slack in the rope).

Line tension is the key to landing any trick on the hydrofoil, if you can master this while learning to jump your body will thank you later when you start geting upside down. Crazy.gif

let me know if this helps.