Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Dash Part - What's it Called?

Recommended Posts

not sure what this part is called, so I can't search the web to find it. In the ''99 and '00 Response's (and probably other boats too) that have the oval pod dash, there are 6 hex screws that hold the gauge cluster in place. these screws screw into some type of nut that is attached to the rubber pod (its like a Tee Screw, but its not). I have two of them that are rusted (brackish air) and I need to replace them. Anyone know what they are called, and where I can find them? dealer is 2 hours away.


Link to comment

If I understand you correctly your talking about the vinyl mounting flanges for the dash plate. Not seeing them for awhile my guess is they're some type of nutplate, nutclip or riv-nut.

Link to comment

thanks for the replies. the tinnermans are the closest things i found to them. i ended up calling the dealer, and he is going to send me some. he has NO idea what they are called either, and he said he can only get them from Malibu, can't find them anywhere locally.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...