Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Newbie training...

gooddog

Took out a newbie today to train on driving the Bu. Had him drop me in and park the trailer. Found some fair water and made some practice runs with him driving. He rode the wakeboard and then I made some slalom runs and then he rode the slalom. Started heading in and he asked me "I gave you the keys...right?". I said "no". Funny look on his face and we started looking for the car keys. No keys. He went in with them in his pocket. I suspect he deep sixed them on one of his face plants. Cry.gif

The things you have to endure to get a driver these days Mad.gifMad.gifMad.gif

Another thing to remember... to ASK for the keys. Problem is I may need to forget something else to make room for another thing to remember.

Took out a newbie today to train on driving the Bu. Had him drop me in and park the trailer.  Found some fair water and made some practice runs with him driving.  He rode the wakeboard and then I made some slalom runs and then he rode the slalom. Started heading in and he asked me "I gave you the keys...right?". I said "no". Funny look on his face and we started looking for the car keys. No keys. He went in with them in his pocket. I suspect he deep sixed them on one of his face plants.  Cry.gif

The things you have to endure to get a driver these days Mad.gif  Mad.gif  Mad.gif

Another thing to remember... to ASK for the keys. Problem is I may need to forget something else to make room for another thing to remember.

....or put a spare and put it in the glove box.

Took out a newbie today to train on driving the Bu. Had him drop me in and park the trailer.  Found some fair water and made some practice runs with him driving.  He rode the wakeboard and then I made some slalom runs and then he rode the slalom. Started heading in and he asked me "I gave you the keys...right?". I said "no". Funny look on his face and we started looking for the car keys. No keys. He went in with them in his pocket. I suspect he deep sixed them on one of his face plants.  Cry.gif

The things you have to endure to get a driver these days Mad.gif  Mad.gif  Mad.gif

My brother did this last week with my LR3 key (the big switchblade key with the alarm controls)... Amazing thing is, it was still in his pocket at the end of our trip AND it still worked!! WOW were we lucky....

JZ

I always lock mine in the truck. We have keyless entry. That way, if everything else goes bad, at least I have a ride home!

You should have called me.  I would have gladly pulled you.

Thanks Caleb, It was Bruce who lives down the street from me. I'm trying to fix it so I can get out for some quick early morning runs and get some glass. Come over at 6:30 in the morning. Biggrin.gif

Did you have a long walk?  Biggrin.gif

Had about a 5 min jog to the house and drove back in my work van. Not too bad except I was barefoot...

I would make him wash the boat and truck for that one.

At least my friend has some good manners as a second...He does help wipe down the boat. :)

My wife dropped the keys in the lake once. After the Division of Watercraft people said they couldn't do anything, we found someone that gave my wife a ride home to get the spare set. It was a nice family who said they would take her anywhere for a ride in the Malibu. It turned out much better than it could have. We all probably have floats on our boat keys but not on our car keys. I now have a special key with no remote and a float that I use when we take the boat out. We did think of using a magnet and even found someone who had one, but most keys and keyrings now are make from brass and other types of metal that are not magnetic.