Sign in to follow this  
MIKEGOUGH1

Clunk in reverse

MIKEGOUGH1

I get a clunk when going in reverse, always have. 11 year old Velvet drive. Is this common?

Captain Blood

Mine does.

:)

wilma

mine does not - 93 echelon.

wilma

Alibuma

How hard are you hitting the throttle? :)

wilma

Mike

I got out last night. After posting my reply to this thread, denying the "clunk", I felt challenged to listen for what you are hearing. I would admit there is a more distinctive noise when going into reverse than forward, but nothing out of the ordinary. I guess i would not describe it as a "clunk" - too negative. But i could see how one might describe the noise as a clunk. If you are hearing what i am hearing, it is normal.

Wilma

Edited by wilma

srud
Mike

I got out last night.  After posting my reply to this thread, denying the "clunk", I felt challenged to listen for what you are hearing.  I would admit there is a more distinctive noise when going into reverse than forward, but nothing out of the ordinary.  I guess i would not describe it as a "clunk" - too negative. But i could see how one might describe the nose as a clunk.  If you are hearing what i am hearing, it is normal.

Wilma

Be careful, someone is going to take exception to your calling their "nose" a clunk! Tease2.gif

wilma

whoops! edited.

wilma