Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A skier is born...

CarveItUp

Our daughter is turning 9 and her biggest wish was her own single ski! Rockon.gif

She got up on her trainers a couple of weeks ago and now wants to ski on one ski like the big kids (SkiCrazy and me). Brings a tear to my eye....

So here's to you, Miss E, and a happy 9th birthday!

(I think some day she will grow big enough to fit the ski :lol: )

post-7-1118716206_thumb.jpg

Wow, that was quick! Girl gets up on skis & decides so fast that she's a skier, good for her. I'll tell you what though, she looked better on the skis than she did on the board that day, like it came natural to her.

I swear, I'll get those pics done tomorrow & email them over to you. Frustrated.gif

Yep, I'm bustin' with pride right now. Biggrin.gif

Plus, momma tried the ski yesterday too. Nearly had her up but the dang boots kept releasing her. Even on the smallest setting the adjustables are too big. We're thinking of trying a neoprene sock to build a little friction. Then we'll have the whole family skiing.

I'm looking forward to getting some pointers from the NorCal crew at Oroville. Maybe even hitch a ride on the Swampster?

Man that's a great feeling, isn't it? My almost-9yr old (two more weeks) went out with me and a buddy 7AM Sunday morning for our sets. Afterwards, she worked on dropping a ski. She's been trying for a while, but on Sunday she made it a good 100 yards or so before she fell. Probably would have gone farther, except Dad let out a big whoop and hollar, and I think it surprised her. :) Now she wants to know if she can get one like mine! Yahoo.gif

That is completely awesome. I am jealous actually. My 14 yr old step daughter is "scared of fish" so really wants nothing to do with skiing. I have tried various options for two summers now, but to no avail. This year, i am training her how to be a good driver for me. she seems to be into that so i am hoping that the enthusiasm spills over.

Again - congrats - good for you and your family. As we get older, it seems to be more and more about getting the kids up and going.

Wilma

Its a sad day in wakeboard land, like the guy in the Ditech Mortgage Commercial

Shucks lost another one to slalom skiing.

:lol:

What about you, Matt?  You've got a V-drive.  Are you looking to switch back?

Would if I could. The VLX is my parent's boat. It'll be a few years until I buy my own. I'm thinking a used RLXi in a couple years will be right in the perfect price range for a first boat. Crazy.gif