Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need help on colors for 08 VTX

catalac

Which Color scheme?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Colors

• 2 Red Sections on White
    • 3 Red Sections on White
    • Classic with Red, Charcoal on White
    • Classis with Midnight Blue, Charcoal on White

Hey I need some help on colors for my 08 VTX plans, I'd love some feedback, I seem to be stuck on red or blue but I want to make sure I order colors that look good on the water not so much on the trailer. I had white, grey & black for my last boat and it looked great on the trailer but not so hot on water. Thanks.

2_section_red_on_white.pdf

3_section_red_on_white.pdf

Classic_red_charcoal_white.pdf

Classis_blue_black_white.pdf

Edited by catalac
Hey I need some help on colors for my 08 VTX plans, I'd love some feedback, I seem to be stuck on red or blue but I want to make sure I order colors that look good on the water not so much on the trailer. I had white, grey & black for my last boat and it looked great on the trailer but not so hot on water. Thanks.

I was going through this last year, with so many options on where to put colors, it's a real challenge!

(and you haven't even started on the interior!)

I went to boat show, could really see colors and arrangements then.

iSpec is not enough to make this decision!

Fortunately, No matter what, it'll look great.

Color selection almost delayed my boat order. Dealer told me I had till about a week before spray date to finalize my options and colors. Ordered in Nov. and spray date was in Feb.

I voted for the blue on black because it's clearly the best of the choices IMHO, but if you go with one of the red schemes, go with the red and charcoal. Oh, and keep the colors of the vinyl to a minimum. Two different colors of vinyl is cool as long as the piping is the same color as one of the vinyl colors, just my opinion.

Color choice is challenging for sure. What I've done is searched this site, WSR and the internet and saved off every picture I could find of the VTX (nearly 125) for comparison. I've seen color schemes look one way on the trailer and significantly different on the water. Color choices and schemes make a big difference in resale too.

Thanks for the feedback folks. Hey what do you think of the classic scheme in Sangria and driftwood??? I think this might be a neat looker on Ispec but who knows in real life?

I'm not a fan of any of the beige schemes, but I saw a VLX last year done in sangria with black that was one of the prettiest boats that I've ever seen, bar none. All of your other schemes are good, but sangria in real life is a stunning color IMO.

Funny you say that because last summer I saw VTX which was Sandstone and Suede it looked fantastic, I had planned to copy the colors for my 08 but BU dropped Suede!!!

A tough call I am stuck between resale red, the blue classic and the wild card is the sanstone sangria. Color is the toughest choice of this whole order process.

I love the way a red boat stands out on the water. It really "pops". That's why I voted for the option with the most red. The blue is very sharp looking as well, and if the two were side by side on the trailer I'd probably like the blue better, but there's nothing like red on the water.

The guys at Main Channel Marina in Indiana had an 08 with a great looking Sangria/driftwood scheme. Don't remember if it was sunscape or VLX, maybe they can send you pictures. I finally chose the blue though.

The guys at Main Channel Marina in Indiana had an 08 with a great looking Sangria/driftwood scheme. Don't remember if it was sunscape or VLX, maybe they can send you pictures. I finally chose the blue though.

Cool thanks, I'll try them out to see of they could send some pics.

I really like my driftwood/black 2007 with platinum, not white, interior.

I've had 3 boats with grey interior and wanted something different.

The tan/brown is a nice change, we really like it.

post-2921-1193550454_thumb.jpg

Yours looks very nice what are the full colors? it's hard to tell from the pic, from the bottom up it looks like white bottom, then black, driftwood, black, sandstone, then white deck?

Yours looks very nice what are the full colors? it's hard to tell from the pic, from the bottom up it looks like white bottom, then black, driftwood, black, sandstone, then white deck?

Here is my order 2007 LXi:

Exterior color: HB, DB, DA2: white; HM, DA: driftwood; DM, HA,: ebony

Interior color: DB/DA graphite/driftwood special request

Base/Motor/Sunpad: platinum (not white)

Main: driftwood; (M grain ok)

Bead: ebony

A1: Charcoal (greyer than expected)

Platform color: driftwood (w/black rubber mat)

Illusion Tower and Bimini color: Black

Trailer color: Black

I like how it goes from light at the front to dark at the back.

Feels very classy to me! Just the time in my life to leave the bright colors behind I guess

post-2921-1193625712_thumb.jpg

Edited by SKI LVR

I went with the 2 section red/white.. though I'd probably do midnight blue or something, I'm just not a fan of the segmented look. Your other choices had color stripes all over the place - I think it creates too many lines on the boat (personal opinion) ... like for example, that little bit of color on the tip of the deck, I'd leave that the same as the deck color

I most certainly would cast my vote for 3 red on white. This is the way our '06 is. The best looking VLX I have ever seen was this color scheme with a red illusion-x, having that much white on the boat really makes the red pop.

Here is my order 2007 LXi:

Exterior color: HB, DB, DA2: white; HM, DA: driftwood; DM, HA,: ebony

Interior color: DB/DA graphite/driftwood special request

Base/Motor/Sunpad: platinum (not white)

Main: driftwood; (M grain ok)

Bead: ebony

A1: Charcoal (greyer than expected)

Platform color: driftwood (w/black rubber mat)

Illusion Tower and Bimini color: Black

Trailer color: Black

I like how it goes from light at the front to dark at the back.

Feels very classy to me! Just the time in my life to leave the bright colors behind I guess

post-2921-1193625712_thumb.jpg

From day 1 seeing the '07 RLXi, I've struggled to find a color combo that I really liked. I may have finally found it. Nice looking ride, SKI LVR! Thumbup.gif

Got any more pics?

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier
From day 1 seeing the '07 RLXi, I've struggled to find a color combo that I really liked. I may have finally found it. Nice looking ride, SKI LVR! Thumbup.gif

Oh, yeah, sure. That's it. I'm not sending you any more iSpec mock-ups or pics that I find on boattrader! Besides, you spend way too much time working to enjoy a boat with new colors. Tease2.gif

Oh, yeah, sure. That's it. I'm not sending you any more iSpec mock-ups or pics that I find on boattrader! Besides, you spend way too much time working to enjoy a boat with new colors. Tease2.gif

Rodney Dangerfield comes to mind...

'Oh, this is the worst-looking [boat] I ever saw. What, when you buy a [boat] like this I bet you get a free cup of soup, huh?' followed by 'Oh, but it looks good on you!' (and the associated eye roll) Tongue.gif

And yes, I am working too much to enjoy a boat with new colors. :(

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier