Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dock/Mooring Fenders

FijiRob

I need some new fenders and I am considering the Hull Hugr. Does anyone have these? If you don't have these, what works for you?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

I need some new fenders and I am considering the Hull Hugr.  Does anyone have these?  If you don't have these, what works for you?

Thanks in advance. 

Rob

Is it your dock....? If so... whips are fantastic! (let me know if you want more info/pix.)

If it's public docks.... can't help.

We use hull hugr's on our dock but it is only for short periods of time as we keep the boat at a mooring. The work great, much better than most bumpers at keeping the boat protected as they don't roll out of the way. When at the dock out boat is broadside to the waves and takes quite a beating.

I would not use them for a permament solution due to the above mentioned rubbing.

I hang 1 from the board rack and the other from the pylon (V-Drive).

My rear cleats are too far back to run the rope thru and the fender ends up around the corner on the transom.

But I usually raft up to a 37ft cruiser and use his huge fenders.

I use mine when folks raft up to me on the other side.

zzbutler

Oh yeah those grab handles work fine.

There is a girl with a LXI that has been rafting on my other side the last few weekends and I noticed those handles.

When are you gonna make yer way up to Ray Roberts?

Check out these at

Malibu Essentials

Kinda pricy but fits the boat.

Those are also commonly known as G3, G4 and G5 fenders. You can them at West Marine and other marine stores.

The hull huggers won't work well on your boat, they are made more for smaller inboards with less freeboard.

zzbutler

There is a girl with a LXI that has been rafting on my other side the last few weekends and I noticed those handles.

I have been on Ray Roberts the past two weekends - mainly along the dam.

zzbutler

I have been on Ray Roberts the past two weekends - mainly along the dam.

You should stop and introduce yourself.

I have the green and black LSV.

We raft up a lot in the party cove with a Trojan Cruiser and a ChrisCraft Express Cruiser and a couple of other Bu's- come join us.

The problem I have is when I hang them from the cleats, they end up below the rub rail.  Any suggestions?

I bought the cheap Taylor ones from walmart and attach them to the cleats using the bungee tarp hold-down thingies. Works great. Sits right on the rub rail, easy on and off......so easy even a noob can do it. No knot tying or ropes.

The problem I have is when I hang them from the cleats, they end up below the rub rail.  Any suggestions?

I bought the cheap Taylor ones from walmart and attach them to the cleats using the bungee tarp hold-down thingies. Works great. Sits right on the rub rail, easy on and off......so easy even a noob can do it. No knot tying or ropes.

I am interested in the bungee tarp hold-down thingies. Could you be more specific? I am always looking for an easier way to do something.

Thanks Brad.  That gives me some ideas.  I will try the board racks and maybe my inside grab handle in the back (XTI).

That's where I hook my rear bumper....

Front one is over the front cleat or from the front tower mount.

I am interested in the bungee tarp hold-down thingies. Could you be more specific? I am always looking for an easier way to do something.

I can't post pics, :( but I'd be happy :) to email them to you. Just send me a pm.

Here's a better description:

The tarp hold-downs are about a 4-5" loop (many sizes) held together with a black knob on the end. The knob would be what holds the bungee onto the grommet of a tarp (slip the bungee through the hole). I just slip the bungee through the hole on the fender and attach it to the pop-up cleat.