Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New PP?

martho

Is there anyone who has info on when the new PP will be here?

I have read in several places it was targeted for summer 2005, however I have not heard anymore.

Anyone with info?

Thanks Peter....

I was not clear in my previous post. I know 6.5n has been out for awhile now. However, that is not what I mean.

I have been reading about a whole new display and user interface for the PP. The display will feature more information instead of the one line of text and the display gauge will be completly different.

Perfect pass has the new software version out now... the one that lets you put your names and stuff in the display and set speeds according to the rider.

Or are you referring to the Malibu speed control? I hear it is going to be part of the 06 lineup when they go to the drive by wire.

Perfect pass has the new software version out now... the one that lets you put your names and stuff in the display and set speeds according to the rider.

Or are you referring to the Malibu speed control?  I hear it is going to be part of the 06 lineup when they go to the drive by wire.

What do you mean by "drive by wire"? Does this replace the paddlewheel or something?

Just like a plane which is fly by wire.

There will be no physical link between the throttle and engine. It will be done electronically. Throttle cable will be a thing of the past

There will be no physical link between the throttle and engine. It will be done electronically.  Throttle cable will be a thing of the past

sounds like magic to me...kinda like those hamsters inside a Honda Civic engine

For being the industry leader it seems that the methodology behind the PP is pretty simple and the user interface leaves a lot to be desired.

Aneal- What do you know about "Malibu Speed Control"? Are you saying that Malibu is going away from Perfect Pass or that this will be a new development from Perfect Pass that will be integrated into the 06 year model?

There will be no physical link between the throttle and engine. It will be done electronically.  Throttle cable will be a thing of the past

sounds like magic to me...kinda like those hamsters inside a Honda Civic engine

Physical is not quite the correct term, as a wire is a physical connection. I don't think they are doing any wireless systems yet, IR, RF, etc... Electrical is the correct term, they put a sensor on the throttle a wire (electrical) and a servo motor to control air flow. Fuel is controlled via injectors which are already electronic. They basically eliminate the wearable parts like the cable and allow the computer to have a better understanding of the dirver's input. Plus neat things like cruise control - the old manual/mechanical systems can be eliminated.

I don't know much about the new malibu system.

I'm assuming it's going to be pretty much identical to what MC already has today. My understanding is that adding PP to it is a pretty trivial thing and cheaper because you already have the servo motor.

The MC web site is pretty lame and has very little information.

Mike

Mark,

Ok, I had to call PP today because of a potential issue I have with my install and I asked them about this.

They are a couple months away still from having the new display ready. According to them, how the menus work, etc... will be exactly the same. The only difference will be a larger display to show more information at once.

For example, when using a Quick List entry, today after choosing the person's name, it plugs the values in and then only shows those values (weigth, RPM, etc...) on the display. With the new display you'll see that in addition to the person's name.

Nice, but certainly not worth the cost of upgrading my existing display in my opinion.

On a side note, their customer service kicks a**. They immediately picked up the phone and were very patient and helpful.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Edited by mlange