Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding a wedge to a 2001 respnse LX

jimbo

We are relatively new to wakeboarding but love it. We would like to get a better boarding wake. We have a fly high pylon extension also. There seems to be more to it than meets the eye. Any comments regarding:

Can it be done?

Fixed vs. floating?

Cost?

does it work?

Reliability, maintenance?

Any other words of wisdom?

Greatly appreciate any feedback!

We are relatively new to wakeboarding but love it. We would like to get a better boarding wake. We have a fly high pylon extension also. There seems to be more to it than meets the eye. Any comments regarding:

Can it be done?

Fixed vs. floating?

Cost?

does it work?

Reliability, maintenance?

Yep, it can be done. If you can find a good deal on a used one that is the way to go. I installed mine myself in about two hours.......

We purchased a '99 RLX in June and it already had one on it, so I can't offer any installation advice. That said if you want to wakeboard behind that boat you have to get one--the wake difference is night and day and with the option of having it up or down, it makes it one of the most versatile boats for skiing/boarding out there. I've also used it when pulling small kids on the kneeboard on busy weekends with rough water--it really knocks down the rollers inside the wake. Only other advice is to remember to take it up before attempting a barefoot run or you'll destroy yourself!

I read on this forum where someone installed a little to low. My factory manual wedge is installed so the tips of the foil are about 1/2" below the swim platform.

Hope this helps.

A

1. It can be done however the install is a PITA, you have to remove the back seat, trunk and gas tank to access where the trunk mounts.

2. Fixed vs Floating is a choice of keeping your boat "stock" or doing the upgrade. I'd say go with the floating, better construction.

3. Cost, I would say the wedge will run you about $700 for the bracket and foil, if your not going to do the install it's about a 3-4 hour job at the dealer.

4. If it didn't work they wouldn't have lasted this long

5. Clean it once in a while, that's about it for maintenance.

-Chris