Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vinyl Stitching

crescentbar

We have a 2006 Wakesetter 23 LSV. I'm wondering if anybody else has had problems with the stitching coming loose on the seats, and seat backs that wrap rear interior. The vinyl seams are not splitting yet because it's only the top stitching that is messed up. We've always followed the no shoes on the boat rule.

Am I being too picky? I’ve had two other boats, 91 Sunsetter and 02 ProStar and never had this issue. Is the interior vinyl covered under warranty.

This should be covered by Malibu since your boat is an 06.

I had several seats split on mine the first year and they fixed it. Said it was a "known" problem. The problem is now other seats have split, and my boat is only 4 years old(out of warranty). I have made numerous calls and e-mail to Malibu that have been unreturned. This is pretty pathetic if you ask me. I make sure NO-One steps on seats, etc. They are just poorly made by malibu.

I had several seats split on mine the first year and they fixed it. Said it was a "known" problem. The problem is now other seats have split, and my boat is only 4 years old(out of warranty). I have made numerous calls and e-mail to Malibu that have been unreturned. This is pretty pathetic if you ask me. I make sure NO-One steps on seats, etc. They are just poorly made by malibu.

Thanks for the information. While we have an 06 we bought it in June of this year. It was a factory demo boat and had a few hours on it. I might setup a rope swing from the tower to lower people into the boat so they don't step on the seats. Any ideas?

Thanks for the information. While we have an 06 we bought it in June of this year. It was a factory demo boat and had a few hours on it. I might setup a rope swing from the tower to lower people into the boat so they don't step on the seats. Any ideas?

Put a throw cushion on the seat.