Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

UPS left me something

ricnvic

My kids called from home and said that I got 2 packages. One is my carpet saver, that is a long story but when I got my boat they said that it had not arrived and they would send it as soon as it arrived. Well 4 weeks later it was not here, called malibu and they researched it and it was sent to vacaville and they sent it back to where it came from, long story but it is here and so is another box. It is from stewart Yahoo.gif I can't wait to get home Biggrin.gif

Has anyone else got there s.steel cup holders put in yet? I'll post some pics tonite.

I got mine too...

I have a question... The 4 in the front seem to rub on the inside of the hull a bit so they don't seat squarley... Am I doing something wrong? And I have one black one left on the drivers side down by the floor behind my seat infront of the cooler....

Stupid.gif

I got mine too...

I have a question... The 4 in the front seem to rub on the inside of the hull a bit so they don't seat squarley... Am I doing something wrong?  And I have one black one left on the drivers side down by the floor behind my seat infront of the cooler.... 

Stupid.gif

The stainless are the EXACT same dimensions as the black ones. So it should fit the same........ Let me know if your short one, I might have an extra to send you.

I found mine by the door Fri night. Yahoo.gif They look great in the Bu.

Stewart, I washed them as per instructions, but didn't dry them ASAP and know have small spots of rust on the inside corners. I tried stainless cleaner but did not help. Cry.gif Any suggestions.

Here is a SS holder next to a 04 VLX bow cup holder.

The SS (which by the way are beautiful ) are deeper by an inch than the stock beige

bow holders.

they fit like a glove every where else.

post-149-1118692023_thumb.jpg

Stewart, I washed them as per instructions, but didn't dry them ASAP and know have small spots of rust on the inside corners. I tried stainless cleaner but did not help.  Cry.gif Any suggestions.

Maybe some metal polish like Mother's will do the trick.

Here is a SS holder next to a 04 VLX bow cup holder.

The SS (which by the way are beautiful ) are deeper by an inch than the stock beige

bow holders.

they fit like a glove every where else.

I've never seen those before........

Stewart, I washed them as per instructions, but didn't dry them ASAP and know have small spots of rust on the inside corners. I tried stainless cleaner but did not help.  Cry.gif Any suggestions.

Send them back. I think the tooling has left some carbon deposits on the cup, and now its the carbon leaving a rust stain. I will fix them. They need to be passivated.

At least you guys only had problems with your front ones, every cupholder in my 04 VLX except the two passenger dash cupholders were just like the one posted by BigD - so out of the 11 I recieved, I can only use 2 :(

Rhett,

My holders in the passenger compartment are the same as yours,the short one's.

But my new SS holders fit fine in those locations since there's plenty of room under them.

Your Bu should be the same as mine so they should work every place with out modification except the bow.

I tried mine in every location on my VLX last night, the only place they fit is the two passenger dash locations (beside the glove box) and the one right beside the driver - Im not sure what kind of modifications I would have to do to make them fit, but Im going to try and swap them with a buddy of mine who purchased some for his Supra

That is unless Stewart plans on spinning some shorter ones to satisfy all of us oddballs who need to fulfill our bling itch Surprised.gif

Edited by Rhett

It must be an East Coast/West Coast thing. I have seen smaller grey ones with steps, like in the table and armrest, but I have never seen the short grey ones with no step.

I'm leaving town for Havasu Yahoo.gif today. Maybe when I get back I'll see if we can't get some of those short ones made as well...... :)

Later.................................. Tongue.gif

I received my cupholders yesterday. I bought 10. Turns out I have 14 cupholders in my boat. 8 of the cupholders in the boat are the standard black ones with drainage. 6 are short beige ones. The new stainless ones work great in replacing the black ones but don't work so well in the bow/beige ones or in the fold down arm rest in the back area of our XTI. fortunately I only ended up with two more than I can use and they will do well as spares anyway! Thanks again Stewart!

Jeff/AirChair1