Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rub rail replacement

NorCaliBu - I think when I originally created my name I was on the '02 ASX. Last summer I switched over to the '02 CDX - Purchased from Wiley's as an '04 w/ double Animals. Absolutely love the ski. Lightning quick and had my a$$ handed to me by it on the first set. A nice OTF through the gates. I'm still amazed at how fast it gets across course.

When they originally had them last spring, they were selling them for $199 (blank). I bought mine for $280 blank in the summer, and I think they're $325 blank. Somehow they have managed to almost bring the selling price back up to the MSRP in '02.

NorCaliBu - I think when I originally created my name I was on the '02 ASX.  Last summer I switched over to the '02 CDX - Purchased from Wiley's as an '04 w/ double Animals.  Absolutely love the ski.  Lightning quick and had my a$$ handed to me by it on the first set.  A nice OTF through the gates.  I'm still amazed at how fast it gets across course.

When they originally had them last spring, they were selling them for $199 (blank).  I bought mine for $280 blank in the summer, and I think they're $325 blank.  Somehow they have managed to almost bring the selling price back up to the MSRP in '02.

That's encouraging. I was in the market for a new ski. So many folks raved about the CDX..... I bought one of Wiley's remakes a few months ago. Only skiid it a few times. I really like it. Thanks.

...I switched over to the '02 CDX...w/ double Animals...

Great ski. I run the same combo. I too have held yard sales on occassion. Biggrin.gif SacRiverRat watched me to the Rag Doll Boogie at McClure recently. :)

EDIT: Ooops! Just realized this was the rubrail thread. :( Sorry for the hi-jack.

Edited by NorCaliBu

Sorry HO. Sounds like you'll pay a little bit, but probably not too much. Hang in there.

At least your day waited until you'd owned the boat for a year. Mine happened the second day:

2nd Day LINK

Chatham - I remember reading that back when you started the thread. That really sucks. I guess at some point in boat ownership, your always going to have something happen that will cost you money. Sorry it happened the second day.

• 1 month later...
I came close to doing the same thing.  I backed the trailer of RLXI (notorious for having a low bow) too far.  When I went to crank out the line, the bow hook slamed down hard on the trailer leaving a nice deep scratch.  Now I give about a couple feet of slack in the line and slooowly back in.  No probs.

I had a similar problem with my '04 while launching when water levels were low.

The result was the roller coming in contact with the rub rail on the nose. The rail is still there but was pushed up enough so that I can see the seam of the top hull (about an 3/4 of an inch higher than it should be).

Is there a way to het the rail back down? Are the rivets used right at the bow?