Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No more leaking HDS!!!!

Sunset_Bob

Yahoo.gif I picked my BU up Friday and the leaking HDS is no more, because it no longer has water in it!!! Ran it all weekend with the new shaft log and no water in the bilge. I can't explain why, but the boat is actually quieter than before. My wife noticed it was quieter right off the bat, then a buddy said the same thing.

As a lot of you know I had a shaft log installed rather than have the leaking HDS repaired again for the second time. Farmers Fiberglass in Roxana Il fixed it for me. I'd post pictures of the shaft log install but the Mr Farmer asked that I not, because if others see his work, everyone will be copying the repair. I will tell you, he left the box in the boat but it no longer has water in it. It's just left there for looks. The log is inside and sticks threw the front of the box where the original packing glad was. A quick glance and you can't tell the boat has been touched. They did a awesome job!!!!

Total cost with parts and labor $625. Thumbup.gif I recommend them to anybody that needs repairs to their boat.

Edited by Sunset_Bob

I know where my boat will go at the first sign of a problem!!! $625? 3X that cost and I would still be jumping for joy Clap.gifClap.gif

$625 for a HDS removal is by far the bargain of the century in terms of Malibu Boats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I hear 3 cheers for Farmer's Fiberglass?????????

Hip Hip.......

Hip Hip......

Hip Hip.....

Thumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gifThumbup.gif

Yahoo.gif I picked my BU up Friday and the leaking HDS is no more, because it no longer has water in it!!! Ran it all weekend with the new shaft log and no water in the bilge. I can't explain why, but the boat is actually quieter than before. My wife noticed it was quieter right off the bat, then a buddy said the same thing.

As a lot of you know I had a shaft log installed rather than have the leaking HDS repaired again for the second time. Farmers Fiberglass in Roxana Il fixed it for me. I'd post pictures of the shaft log install but the Mr Farmer asked that I not, because if others see his work, everyone will be copying the repair. I will tell you, he left the box in the boat but it no longer has water in it. It's just let there for looks. The log is inside and sticks threw the front of the box where the original packing glad was. A quick glance and you can't tell the boat has been touched. They did a awesome job!!!!

Total cost with parts and labor $625. Thumbup.gif I recommend them to anybody that needs repairs to their boat.

congrats, I promise you will never worry again. btw I have over 200 hrs on my packing, no leaks, and smooth as silk.

Malibu needs to go back to shaft logs for sure.

As a lot of you know I had a shaft log installed rather than have the leaking HDS repaired again for the second time. Farmers Fiberglass in Roxana Il fixed it for me. I'd post pictures of the shaft log install but the Mr Farmer asked that I not, because if others see his work, everyone will be copying the repair. I will tell you, he left the box in the boat but it no longer has water in it. It's just left there for looks. The log is inside and sticks threw the front of the box where the original packing glad was. A quick glance and you can't tell the boat has been touched. They did a awesome job!!!!

I may be late arriving to this but are you guys talking about water acumulating in the engine compartment fairly quickly. I have a 2002 Sunsetter LXi with few hours on it. It takes on water in about 10 minutes. I have tigtened every hose clamp and drain plug I can find. What is it?

Anybody out there had any experience doing engine upgrades for a 320 Monsoon. dont want to do anything too radical or expensive.

Will.......What does this have to do with a leaking HDS??? Dontknow.gif Read the thread description and went to the bottom of the discussion and found this note. It may be better if you start a totally new thread with a descriptive heading and you will probably get some responses. And by the way....I haven't performed any modifications to my monsoon. ......Good Luck!

• 8 months later...
Anybody out there had any experience doing engine upgrades for a 320 Monsoon. dont want to do anything too radical or expensive.

Will.......What does this have to do with a leaking HDS??? Dontknow.gif Read the thread description and went to the bottom of the discussion and found this note. It may be better if you start a totally new thread with a descriptive heading and you will probably get some responses. And by the way....I haven't performed any modifications to my monsoon. ......Good Luck!

After 2 fixes that cost over $700 and still not fixed, we took it to another place. (The first place used to be a Malibu dealer, and is now a mastercraft dealer)

The second place said they would stand by their fix, for about $600.............hopefully I won;'t have to take it anywhere else!

Why isn't Malibu standing by their stupid design, and rectifying it? Makeing the required fix's and being the boat company that their adds say they are???

After getting the HDS fixed, first thing noticed upon putting the boat in the water no gauges, waiting to replace the MDC, B.O.A.T. Break Out Another Thousand

BOAT a hole in the water into which you throw money!

I can't wait for the MDC to arrive to get the boat running for the first time this Summer, (don't want to run it without gauges).