Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesiderides.com, live?

Boomer

dragon88, good post, my thoughts exactly! I am tired of the "my boat is better than any other on wakeworld and wakeboarder that is posted by kids not owners. You have to dig through the waste to get a good post.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NorCaliBu

• stewart

• WakeGirl

• whiteVLX

Cool. I guess I'll be leaving then. All bow down to the MIGHTY wakeworld.com and their alumni!!

Boomer, since wakeboarder.com's members are so "stupid" and obviously you are so much better then everyone. Why bother posting on such a stupid site?

As far as the 16 year old whom's father bought him that hideous x-star: news flash! Wakeworld.com also has him as a member. Please give me a break, none of the members (I mean actual posters) are into "boat bashing" I'm sorry that you feel that way. Actually when you posted your boat on wakeboarder.com, I believe a lot of people (myself included) said it was an awesome looking boat. I love Malibu's, even if my parents own a Nautique. I think that the VLX is as good as any other boat whether it be a Super Air, or an X-star. Obviously the VLX was the best boat for you and your family and friends.

Some kids, myself included, love learning and looking at boats, all sorts, all kinds. I'm sorry that you have such a negative attitude towards kids like me, but hey, thats your prerogative.

Boomer: Congrats on the new boat! I hope you and your family (and friends) have many many hours of enjoyment.

Admin: Congrats on the new site. (looks great!)

Cheers,

Richard (Dragon88)

Richard,

Touchy subject here. I have probably over 700 posts on WW, I used to love that site and was there all the time. While their were a lot of good people on the board, ones that promoted the sport and had good things to say, I found it increasingly difficult to comment on anything without getting into a debate with someone incapable of holding an intelligent conversation. Arguing with emotion and fallacies, not facts. I have not posted there in quite some time. I've tried, on occasion I go back just to see, but every attempt proves that place is not for me. From my experiences your view of the other sites are way off base. The sad thing is, it's not just Boomer and I who see this or think that way. It's a common theme heard over and over by people that have spent much time there.

MBO had a pretty open mind about all boats, obviously a little biased, but the members typically gave good sound advise - if you don't believe me go check out some of the posts still available on WSR.

Your obviously welcome here, even if your parents paid for your boat. Just keep in mind that most of the people here have a different prespective on their boat. I know it's hard to believe, but when you have a mortgage, car payment, bills, and have to buy your own food - your prespective changes on how you spend your discretionary income. Just trust me on this one!

So, give this site another chance, stick around and don't start in on us until you've had a chance to get to know us.

The bigger question here is, what's WSR going to turn into? :)

Boy was I out of the loop!

I was off line a couple of days and MBO was gone.

I go to that new site and I was sure my addiction was over. I didn't care for it

and thought all the MBO personalities would be gone.

I'm glad I got a PM to this site, It looks good I think I'll hang my hat here. Thumbup.gif

Richard, all I can say is, if the shoe fits..

Thanks for proving my point. I look forward to your first "Nautique is the best, all else suck!" post.

I agree with Tony, I used to post a lot on wakeworld and wakeboarder and although I still visit I keep my thoughts to myself because I am tired of arguements and band bashing. I love my Malibu, but have owned Nautiques and Mastercrafts and enjoyed them as well. I just like Malibu more, but if you say that over there you are jumped on. At times I chime in to help a fellow boater who needs help, but I stop posting once the war begins.

Richard, all I can say is, if the shoe fits..

Thanks for proving my point. I look forward to your first "Nautique is the best, all else suck!" post.

ROFL.gif That's what I wanted to say, but I tried to be nice to the guy...

You know, I don't even have a problem with a kid having a nice boat, hey, what's wrong with that? I'd like him to appreciate his fortune, and do a little research on the subject, and not be a jerk though.

The problem I have is when they go all over the boards acting like their boat is better than everyone elses, saying all other's suck, yada yada, when they didn't even pay for the damn thing.

MC and Nautique owners are by FAR the worst. Damn, if anyone posts about their new Moomba or something, these guys come out of the woodwork making them feel inferior, and that's just wrong. It's different working and paying for a boat than bragging about daddy's.

My "quote" attached to my profile on wakeworld is something like, "Is that your boat you're bragging about, or daddy's?"

I stand by that assessment.

I agree with Tony, I used to post a lot on wakeworld and wakeboarder and although I still visit I keep my thoughts to myself because I am tired of arguements and band bashing.  I love my Malibu, but have owned Nautiques and Mastercrafts and enjoyed them as well.  I just like Malibu more, but if you say that over there you are jumped on.  At times I chime in to help a fellow boater who needs help, but I stop posting once the war begins.

True.

I like all brands. I just happened to settle on Malibu this go around. Earlier this year I saw the X-45 and liked it.

Bottom line........ Being able to get out on a boat and do whatever, is what it is all about.

Just realized my previous post was very stereotyping.

Not all owners of any brand are that way. Just a few bad apples, and all brands have them.

Hell I even get embarrassed to see the "Malibu is the best, all others' suck!" posts too. It goes either way. No boat is best for every person.

No boat is best for every person.

I seem to remember one. Crazy.gif

I have visited the other sites (never have registered) and while there is some decent info there it's not worth the effort of digging through all the juvenile rhetoric. There always seems to be that "inner circle" of 12-15 posters and they flame everyone who disagrees with them.

Oh, it's a new calendar day, "Thank You For This Site" :)

Boy was I out of the loop!

I was off line a couple of days and MBO was gone.

I go to that new site and I was sure my addiction was over. I didn't care for it

and thought all the MBO personalities would be gone.

I'm glad I got a PM to this site, It looks good I think I'll hang my hat here. Thumbup.gif

I guess what it takes is for some of us to PM our pals as we see them on WSR in order to get the word out for now.

It's probably no more than 1-1/2 hrs from El Dorado Hills.

On MBO someone posted that htere was camping there, whcih allows me to stay longer. In the past we went to Englebright but had to hotel it in Grass Valley.

I love Englebright! One of my all time favorite lakes. Can't tell you how much I miss boat in camping there. That was one of the real downsides in moving to Socal. Cry.gif

I have to agree with Boomer and Aneal on this one. I think Wakeworld is going the way of wakeboarder.com. There is currently a post in the Non-Wake discussion on WW with two guys trying to flirt with some girl, gone on for about 3 days, looks exactly like Non-wake on wakeboarder.com. I can't even look at wakeboarder.com for more than about 5 minutes. Anyone that argues that that sight is not made up of 90% kids under 15 or older guys wanting to act like they are 15 is totally wrong.

I've got probably 1200+ WW posts and like Tony, I'm starting to get tired of it. There was a long thread a month or so ago about how great MC was. I just happened to post that MC is no better than the other 2 Big 3 competitors. You would have thought I compared MC to Gekko, I got flamed for about 3 days.

On MBO someone posted that htere was camping there, whcih allows me to stay longer.  In the past we went to Englebright but had to hotel it in Grass Valley.

I love Englebright! One of my all time favorite lakes. Can't tell you how much I miss boat in camping there. That was one of the real downsides in moving to Socal.  Cry.gif

You know you always have a place up here... Tongue.gif

On MBO someone posted that htere was camping there, whcih allows me to stay longer.  In the past we went to Englebright but had to hotel it in Grass Valley.

I love Englebright! One of my all time favorite lakes. Can't tell you how much I miss boat in camping there. That was one of the real downsides in moving to Socal.  Cry.gif

You know you always have a place up here... Tongue.gif

Thanks dude, we'll have to try and set that up this summer Thumbup.gif