Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesiderides.com, live?

Boomer

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NorCaliBu

• stewart

• WakeGirl

• whiteVLX

I think all the bu's on wsr are from mbo, it seems they transfered over some of the galley's and such. Either that or they made it easy with the new password and pre-registration

One of the things I have noticed on wakesideride; there are a few "bogus" postings - that is sad, but to be expected I guess; just some of the things you will see or experience on the net.

I've done a ton of reading & researching on building & launching websites in the past few weeks, & from what I understand it's a fairly common thing for an admin to have a dummy account & use it to help stabilize or "seed" the forum depending on what goals you want to accomplish. In WSR case, there's a big fallout that they're trying to control, & I'm not saying that they're doing this but it's certainly something that happens. Frequently enough that every guide that I read that talked about launching a site talked about the possible benefits & dangers of doing it.

You guys are all intelligent enough to see through that kind of stuff, plus it's just not needed over here. :)

We just cut to the info here... people complain we respond simple..

Only half?  Boy, tough crowd. Tomato.gif

I'm gonna really have to let some poor wakeboarder have it to get you to take back the other half. ;)

I'll step up...

Go for it! and here's something to get you started!

Slalom skiers are a bunch of skinny @$$, got beat up in high school, anal retentive, not willing to change (surprised you know how to use a computer -welcome to the 21st century), guys that are more afraid of trying a wakeboard than they are of having a homosexual relationship with their 3rd and his skinny stick!

ROFL.gif

Sorry, but Michaels comments, while joking I'm sure, seem to have a hint of true hatred, so I thought I wouldn't hold anything back either...

However many people on this board can attest to my slalom, barefoot, airchair, abilities... All for you Mr. NorCal! :)

Slalom skiers are a bunch of skinny @$$, got beat up in high school, anal retentive, not willing to change (surprised you know how to use a computer -welcome to the 21st century), guys that are more afraid of trying a wakeboard than they are of having a homosexual relationship with their 3rd and his skinny stick!

ROFL.gif

Shocking.gif Why....Thank you (?)....I think. Crazy.gif Before I make any other comments let me first address your "hint of hatred" comment. Nothing could be further than the truth. While I haven't wakeboarded in quite a while I do have my own board (a failed Tantrum is actually what sent me in for ACL reconstruction :( ). Now, with that said (the gloves come off...) I'll try to speak slowly and not use any big words so that all of the wakeboarders here can follow along...

I view wakeboarding as a good step to use to teach 5 year olds what it feels like to be pulled by the boat. After all, any 50 lb 5 year old can do it. It doesn't take much in the way of upper body strength (evidenced by the fact that even Tony can do it). However, once the athlete matures to the point where they desire a physical challenge the move to slalom is a natural one.

Everyone needs to start somewhere. There are training wheels for bicycles, think of a wakeboard as a slalom ski with training wheels.

Innocent.gif Disclaimer: I hope everyone knows that this is all for fun. Aneal000 & I have a "thing" going.... Crazy.gif

There ya go, Michael. I take back the other half of all the bad things I've ever said about you.

Man, now I'll have to start all over again. . . :lol:

I think all the bu's on wsr are from mbo, it seems they transfered over some of the galley's and such.  Either that or they made it easy with the new password and pre-registration

Actually, we had to go in and re-create the ride galleries.

Ok, I read to much into your posts - sorry about that. I didn't know we had a thing going, but I'm down with that...

Game on!

Ok, it appears we have been given a key piece of Michael's history, one that allows us to understand his deep inner feelings toward "a sport" he feels compelled to make fun of.

It's common practice for an individual to have strong feeling of hate toward a person, animal, group, even an activity when that entity has rejected them. In Michael's case, he obviously loves wakeboarding, and it sounds like he was pretty good at it too - if he was trying tantrums! But when Michael was injured on the wakeboard, his whole life changed! No longer could he pursue the passion of his dreams! No longer could he enjoy the feeling of flight, accomplishment, and glory that only an accomplished wakeboarder like Michael could truly understand!

Speaking from a personal level, if I lost my ability to wakeboard, I'm sure the withdrawl symptoms would rival Michael's! I'm feeling for you man! I really am!

ROFL.gif

Cry.gif You will never get me to admit anything... Whistling.gif

I'll just say " :biteme: "

:)

Actually, I think my disdain for wakeboarders could be explained by the saying "One bad apple spoils the bunch". When out on a lake it just seems like if there is a boat causing problems it's always a bunch of boarders. All wakeboarders suffer from the actions of these few morons. Self-policing is tough because you don't know who is carrying a gun and teetering on the edge.

That and V-Drives do seem to be becoming the new Wally vessel of choice and they besmerch a tenuous reputation further. (Oh, sorry, there I go using big words again Tongue.gif ).

Ok, I read to much into your posts - sorry about that.  I didn't know we had a thing going, but I'm down with that...

Game on!

Ok, it appears we have been given a key piece of Michael's history, one that allows us to understand his deep inner feelings toward "a sport" he feels compelled to make fun of. 

It's common practice for an individual to have strong feeling of hate toward a person, animal, group, even an activity when that entity has rejected them.  In Michael's case, he obviously loves wakeboarding, and it sounds like he was pretty good at it too - if he was trying tantrums!  But when Michael was injured on the wakeboard, his whole life changed!  No longer could he pursue the passion of his dreams!  No longer could he enjoy the feeling of flight, accomplishment, and glory that only an accomplished wakeboarder like Michael could truly understand!

Speaking from a personal level, if I lost my ability to wakeboard, I'm sure the withdrawl symptoms would rival Michael's!  I'm feeling for you man!  I really am!

ROFL.gif

ROFL.gifROFL.gifROFL.gif

Cry.gif You will never get me to admit anything... Whistling.gif

I'll just say " :biteme: "

Actually, I think my disdain for wakeboarders could be explained by the saying "One bad apple spoils the bunch".  When out on a lake it just seems like if there is a boat causing problems it's always a bunch of boarders.  All wakeboarders suffer from the actions of these few morons.  Self-policing is tough because you don't know who is carrying a gun and teetering on the edge.

That and V-Drives do seem to be becoming the new Wally vessel of choice and they besmerch a tenuous reputation further.  (Oh, sorry, there I go using big words again Tongue.gif ).

So, in your mind wakeboarders and VD's are on the same level as say..... PWC's. Nice.

That and V-Drives do seem to be becoming the new Wally vessel of choice and they besmerch a tenuous reputation further.  (Oh, sorry, there I go using big words again Tongue.gif ).

Michael, if your going to use big words, could you at least spell them correctly? It makes looking them up in the dictionary easier on us wakeboard and VD owners.

besmirch

v 1: charge falsely or with malicious intent; attack the good name and reputation of someone; "The journalists have defamed me!" "The article in the paper sullied my reputation" [syn: defame, slander, smirch, asperse, denigrate, calumniate, smear, sully] 2: smear so as to make dirty or stained [syn: smirch]

ROFL.gif

But your not denying it?

I have to deny everything that I never said?

I might deny a statement that was directed toward me, in a fahsion that clearly makes it seem like you agree with the statement.

I mean Michael Jackson never said he molested little kids, but he's denying the statements made toward him...

All I know is that this summer I'm spending as much time as I can at Bullards Bar. I will bring my v-drive, fill the sacs plus one extra and surf my a$$ off, while my friends buzz around us on there PWC's.

In addition, we will only do this in the proximity of DD's :)

Pirahna's or not, I'm there Biggrin.gif

Different scenario. MJ is denying something that someone else said that he did. I was accused of saying that VD = PWC and I never said that. I also never said the sky is pink, do I need to deny that as well? I also never said that I have time for this... Shocking.gif [email protected]'m late, gotta go.