Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesiderides.com, live?

Boomer

Getting in was tricky.

First off, your old email addresses are saved.  However, everyone is assigned a new password. So, you will need to have one emailed to you.

Secondly, once signed in it lets you setup your ride.  Here is the tricky part.  After you setup the ride, you have to hit click here to start showing your ride.  After that look in the right hand corner and see if your your logged in.  If not go back to your ride and try again.  It took 4 attempts. 

From there go to the forums.  If your not logged in try it again at your ride.

I'm sure this is a quirck that will be evventually be worked out.

Stewart,

Thanks for the tip. That got me in and I was eventually able to make it work. Jason definitely has some debugging ahead of him!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NorCaliBu

• stewart

• WakeGirl

• whiteVLX

Here is another tip. I just noticed that the rides get ratings. I don't have lights and I didn't really think the ballast was a biggie, So.... I just left them blank and checked the box for no show no rating.

Well my friends, BIG MISTAKE. Apparently the boats are ranked in by ratings. I saw I had mostly 4-5 stars, but my overall rating is 3 stars. Which means, if you elected to leave a section blank, or didn't add it, it counts against you. Not Right! Guns.gif They can already go :biteme:

Here is another tip.  I just noticed that the rides get ratings.  I don't have lights and I didn't really think the ballast was a biggie, So.... I just left them blank and checked the box for no show no rating.

Well my friends, BIG MISTAKE.  Apparently the boats are ranked in by ratings.  I saw I had mostly 4-5 stars, but my overall rating is 3 stars.  Which means, if you elected to leave a section blank, or didn't add it, it counts against you.  Not Right!  Guns.gif They can already go  :biteme:

I tried leaving a couple of sections out and the page wouldn't display. Had to add the sections back in to get the ride to even show up. Mad.gif

Well I guess I posted to early.

I was able to update my ride and my profile. Other than that all other functions are dead. No access to new topics or PM's.

OK here is one pure DD enthusiasts. I just checked the Response Rides. Skicrave and one other Response are there. Again, for the rankings you rate: Appearance, audio system, Tower, lighting, ballast, and tow rig.

Skicrave has all of these so he got a high rating.

jqouveia3, only has appearance audio and tow rig. Good star ratings on the 3 but low ranking.

I thought these were ski boats? Why should they be ranked with wakeboarding trim levels? Ranting.gif

Edited by stewart
OK here is one pure DD enthusiasts.  I just checked the Response Rides.  Skicrave and one other Response are there.  Again, for the rankings you rate:  Appearance, audio system, Tower, lighting, ballast, and tow rig.

Ski carve has all of these so he got a high rating. 

jqouveia3, only has appearance audio and tow rig.  Good star ratings on the 3 but low ranking.

I thought these were ski boats?  Why should they be ranked with wakeboarding trim levels? Ranting.gif

Sounds like a topic for WSR!

I was able to update my ride and my profile. Other than that all other functions are dead. No access to new topics or PM's.

Ditto that. As far as migrating all of the general topics that are Malibu specific into the Malibu section, if they plan on doing that they've got some serious work ahead of them. They would almost have to go through every thread to sort them, manually.

Edited by WakeGirl
OK here is one pure DD enthusiasts.  I just checked the Response Rides.  Skicrave and one other Response are there.  Again, for the rankings you rate:  Appearance, audio system, Tower, lighting, ballast, and tow rig.

Skicrave has all of these so he got a high rating. 

jqouveia3, only has appearance audio and tow rig.  Good star ratings on the 3 but low ranking.

I thought these were ski boats?  Why should they be ranked with wakeboarding trim levels? Ranting.gif

Funny, Jason dosen't even own a/that boat anymore.....

I finally got on the site. I'm not a good one to judge it because I'm one to resist change when it comes to things like this.

But one thing struck me as odd. I tried to send a PM to a fellow user who I notice is not registered here, but my be interested. I included in the text of the mesage this web address. Twice it told me the message was sent, but twice it did not show up in my messages sent list. Could there be some censorship going on??? Or is it more likely that the PM feature still has some bugs in it???

It took me a while to figure out the login... The trick is when you log in the first time with the new password (that JC sent out via email), you have to IMMEDIATELY go to the "My Profile" link at the top of the page and change the password. Then you may have to log in once more with the new password and voila you are in.

No comment on anything else...

JZ

Well, either there is a lot of bugs or the site just doesn't function well. I finally got on (retrieved a phone # from a PM), looked around, got annoyed with the whole thing and bailed. Thanks again everyone that helped with this site. It rocks (and feels like home :) ).

But one thing struck me as odd.  I tried to send a PM to a fellow user who I notice is not registered here, but my be interested.  I included in the text of the mesage this web address.  Twice it told me the message was sent, but twice it did not show up in my messages sent list.  Could there be some censorship going on??? Or is it more likely that the PM feature still has some bugs in it???

No comment on anything else...

PM to myself worked fine. I was able to get the members phone number from a prior PM, so I'll call him and let him know about the site.

Why do I feel like I'm doing something wrong, and would the old site really go so far as to censor a Private Message from one member to another regarding this new site?

I would not even consider posting something about this site in a forum or anything, but this particular member & I have a dialog through the site, and now that I will be primarily on this site, I would like to let him know about it.

I tried several times. Also tried like 4 times to have my password emailsd to me...no dice. My screenname and email addy ARE in the database, so I logged in with a new username & email.

As I look around on the "new MBO," I see some of the regulars posting there (a few are complaining about the new format) I almost feel sorry for them that they are "stuck" over there.

How are they going to find out about this site? I did notice one reference to this site but it was brief and seemed to go largely un-commented upon.

I feel like I'm inside a restaurant having a good meal on a rainy night, while I have to watch some old friends through the window sit out in the rain and cold.

I guess those that want to will find it eventually...

Edited by rts

Just enjoy your meal, our friends will be here in time. :)

I feel like I'm inside a restaurant having a good meal on a rainy night, while I have to watch some old freinds throught the window sit out in the rain and cold.

I guess those that want to will find it eventually...

Well, either there is a lot of bugs or the site just doesn't function well.  I finally got got annoyed with the whole thing and bailed.  Thanks again everyone that helped with this site.  It rocks (and feels like home :) ).

Stupid.gif I'm so glad this site was created..... I can breathe now........

I feel at home again seeing all the same faces around here....

Plus this site has a bunch of new Smilies !!!! Wine.gifBeer.gifCheers.gif

As far as the other site - Vomit.gifVomit.gif

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

I guess someone had some advanced notice on what was going down with MBO ??

Edited by R1LOVER