Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cleats

jklein

I know there was a topic on this subject on the old MBO, but can't seem to dig it up here. I'm looking for the ones that are easy to install (I think it takes one or two holes to drill).

thanks....

Thanks for the link. What size would anyone recommend that's done this job before? The small ones or the larger one?

Thanks again.

I picked mine up from the Malibu dealer. They are the attwood two hole style and also say MALIBU on them.Sorry I don't recall the price.

I've seen Malibus come with two different styles which I thought was odd,

The two hole attwood style and the other one that has the oval cut out which is

the one I was expecting when I ordered, But I was happy I got the attwood type for ease of installation.

Thanks for the link.  What size would anyone recommend that's done this job before?  The small ones or the larger one?

Thanks again.

I just installed 4 of the smaller ones. (Attwood Neat Cleat)

Got them from Overtons and was able to still get the discount.

They installed pretty easy, I used a hole saw and then chamferd the edge.

CB

I need them up front just in front of the tower mount. I've tied up my boat to the houseboat using the hand rail in the bow in the past and it's a PITA as well as not being the best locale for a bumper.

What Tower do you have?

I loop the line around the front support of my swoop, and back through the eye of the rope - that is my forward cleat ;)

I use the cleat along the side for the side fender, mine happen to be in good locations (lucky me I guess)

Edited by SacRiverRat

I can do the loop around thing but I like leaving the dock tie on the houseboat instead of on the BU.

John,

I have 4 pull up cleats I'd like to sell. They are the Attwood two hole style, 4 1/2", brand new. I bought them for my last boat but never got around to installing them. I paid around $70 each for them. How does $45 each sound?

Surprised.gifYahoo.gif That's MEEEEE !!! I wrote that!! I've officially been referenced!!!!

Anyway, I used the smaller of the two Attwood cleats.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know this is a past subject but have you guys seen these pop up cleats? They are installed on my BU, very nice...push a little button and BAM they spring right up. Push them down until they click, they lock in the down position

http://www.fishing-catalog.com/AcconMarine/POP-UP_Cleat.htm

also here

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/product.a...el=POP-UP+CLEAT

Edited by areamike
I know this is a past subject but have you guys seen these pop up cleats? They are installed on my BU, very nice...push a little button and BAM they spring right up. Push them down until they click, they lock in the down position

http://www.fishing-catalog.com/AcconMarine/POP-UP_Cleat.htm

also here

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/product.a...el=POP-UP+CLEAT

They look difficult to install! They do work nicely though my brother has them on his boat....

• 2 weeks later...
Found the 4.5" Neat Cleats on sale at www.firstchoicemarine.com for $34.51 each. Bought four of them. Shipping was $10.59. Seems like a good price.

I just installed four Neat Cleats on my 07 VRide yesterday. EASY! Just have to get over the initial jitters of drilling into your $45,000+ machine(Depending on which boat you have) and then they are a snap. I think it took me an hour and a half. That included the time to properly measure and center each cleat. I think it was well worth it considering what the dealership was going to charge......$515.00 for four with installation. I spent $120.00 on the cleats, $10.00 on the hole saw, and my time. Not too bad.

Greg

Found the 4.5" Neat Cleats on sale at www.firstchoicemarine.com for $34.51 each. Bought four of them. Shipping was $10.59. Seems like a good price.

I just installed four Neat Cleats on my 07 VRide yesterday. EASY! Just have to get over the initial jitters of drilling into your $45,000+ machine(Depending on which boat you have) and then they are a snap. I think it took me an hour and a half. That included the time to properly measure and center each cleat. I think it was well worth it considering what the dealership was going to charge......$515.00 for four with installation. I spent $120.00 on the cleats, $10.00 on the hole saw, and my time. Not too bad.

Greg

do you knowif it is possible to put the cleats in the front of the boat. so you can have 6 pull up cleats instead of 4. i have 4 on my 07 VLX now and i would like to have them on the front. i was not sure if they would not fit flat since the front of the boat has a curve. thanks for any info. :)