Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

??? 06 RLXi HELP!!!!!

RaceBizz

Does anyone know what is supposed to be changed on the 06 RLXi ? I have the opportunity to pick up a brand new 05 but only have until tomm to decide on color. Then the factory will lock the color already chosen, and I definitely do not want the colors the dealer picked. Also I would have new ride by end of month and not have to wait until August.

He did not know what changes would be, he said Malibu is being very tight lipped about it this year.

Thanks.

i dont know if my dealers feeding me bs or not but they reckon it would be minor cosmetic changes as far as a 05 vlx compared to a 06 vlx is concerned ,reason being the 05 was such an improvement over the 04

I'd buy it now. First, Malibu doesn't willy nilly change things on their hulls. The SV-23 diamond hull has been around since 99. It's a great slalom hull, some say the best. The RLXi is doing great in the market and has only been around since 2003--I think. Second, the RLXi is a dang nice boat right now. Ask yourself the question, do you like it? If you do, then get it. If you wait until the next new boat model comes out, you'll never buy a boat. Also, I'm not so keen on buying a new year model--if it can be avoided. Third, even if Malibu changes the boat, I can't believe there is going to be a drastic improvement--given the level they are at now. And, there is always the chance that any changes might not suit you personally. At that point, you've lost the opportunity to pick and buy a new boat.

Good luck.

I'd buy it now.  First, Malibu doesn't willy nilly change things on their hulls. The SV-23 diamond hull has been around since 99.  It's a great slalom hull, some say the best.  The RLXi is doing great in the market and has only been around since 2003--I think.  Second, the RLXi is a dang nice boat right now.  Ask yourself the question, do you like it?  If you do, then get it.  If you wait until the next new boat model comes out, you'll never buy a boat.  Also, I'm not so keen on buying a new year model--if it can be avoided.  Third, even if Malibu changes the boat, I can't believe there is going to be a drastic improvement--given the level they are at now.  And, there is always the chance that any changes might not suit you personally. At that point, you've lost the opportunity to pick and buy a new boat. 

Good luck.

Yep just look at what happened to the SLXI 99-04 great boat. Then 05' it's a supertanker.

Well, I did it I ordered the last 05 RLXi my dealer could get. He had it in the build system already but yesterday was my last day to change anything so I took the plunge. And got the colors and options I wanted. It sprays on the 14th and supposed to be done the 24th of this month. So I will get plenty of time to use it. Thank you all for the answers to my question. I also asked over on wakesiderides.com and Jason answered me back saying

"From what I've heard, the RLXi will not be changed a significant amount. It was a new model release in 2003, and a 2 year life cycle is way too short for a ski boat.

Right now their attention is going into the wakeboard boats, so my opinion is that the above information I've received is probably accurate. That said, pretty much everything in the wakeboard line (23s, 21s, Ride Series) has been re done in the last two years, so they may look at the RLXi if they decide not to do anything to the Sportster and Response models."