Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Illusion tower rattle...

Mine did on one side, pretty bad in rough water. Sounded like crap.

During my 10-hour service, I had it fixed by the dealer under warranty. I think they put some kind of bushing or shim or something, but no longer rattles.

Edited by Boomer

Ours does the same thing on the right side. We found the heli coil loose. WE fixed it on the spot, but it still rattled when the boat hit a hard wake.

I also had the exact prblem. The dealer fixed it right up. They added a bushing in the hinge area and had to tighten where the tower is attached to the boat. No noise now in about 50 hours. Clap.gif

Edited by stusumm

Mine is going through this right now. My port side is slapping and my starboard side is squeeking

I went to the dealer and they didn't find a fix. So I called Metcraft. They said the towers are shipped off the boat, only the base is mounted at the factory. Apparently somewhere in transit or at the dealer a plastic bushing is getting lost. He is sending me a couple to install. Also, he said to make sure the front bolts have a "knurled surface" on them. These bolts are slightly bigger in diameter and can help reduce movement.

Mine is going through this right now.  My port side is slapping and my starboard side is squeeking

I went to the dealer and they didn't find a fix.  So I called Metcraft.  They said the towers are shipped off the boat, only the base is mounted at the factory.  Apparently somewhere in transit or at the dealer a plastic bushing is getting lost.  He is sending me a couple to install.  Also, he said to make sure the front bolts have a "knurled surface" on them.  These bolts are slightly bigger in diameter and can help reduce movement.

Where do the plastic bushings go? Front bolts? Rear bolts? or both? I did not see any on the rear when I colapsed mine. My tower was making some noise but seemed to go away after I tightened the bolts.

This is good info to have. Thanks Stewart.

Edited by wakeace